Eddie on Brook vs Khan and Benn vs Avanesyan

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Just as many of us suspected, Hearn doesn't want to let Avanesyan anywhere near Benn because he knows if he did, Avanesyan would iron his hype job out with the minimum of fuss.

2. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Joshua being ruthlessly conquered by Usyk and that defeat lopping something in the region of £200 million from Joshua's future fight earnings might have plenty to do with that. :sisi1

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    Astro and Jurgen like this.
  3. RT7

RT7 Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    You don't think Britain's biggest promoter talking complete nonsense on almost a daily basis should be mentioned on a British forum? He had a good run but people are catching on so I'd get used to it

4. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I remember Eddie Hearn saying that if you wanted to experience the elite in the world of boxing then DAZN would be the place to be.

Maybe Probellum will be a better product than DAZN ? We know more when Probellum goes on the air in early December.

Jurgen likes this.
  5. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    No money to 'make' the fight is completely different to no money 'in' the fight, £500k to fight DA when Benn is getting more to fight Algieri is a no brainer ?!?!

I don't think EH has made any secret of the fact that he doesn't want Benn fighting DA yet , what is there to gain ? Certainly not money judging by that offer. So if you're going to take a big risk (which fighting DA is) then at least do it and get BIG money and kudos for it.

Its a long way back if you lose to DA but lose to someone like Broner and you make big money and your reputation way more in tact.

6. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Benn doesn't have jack to command big money against a domestic rival. He isn't his dad.

Oreet Cha! and ZiggerZagger like this.
  7. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Yep I saw this and was going to make a thread about.

Eddie has reached a low point now where he thinks if he keeps regurgitating rubbish in his interviews, unchallenged, some of it will stick and some will eventually start to believe it.

What he said about Buatsi v Yarde being bigger than Brook Khan in terms of the numbers it generates is absolute rubbish.

Umar IFL Umar, the idiot shttstirrer, should have pushed him harder on that point and embarrassed him.

Sorry but Yarde and Buatsi are nobodies compared to Brook Khan. Regardless of whether Brook/Khan are past it or not. It's still a big fight and Eddie is just jealous he's not a part of that proposed fight and that he can't persuade Khan to fight Nigel Benn's son.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    Jason Gordon and Astro like this.
  8. ZiggerZagger

Mar 13, 2012
    I'm not saying he does , but it would be a pretty silly move to take a harder fight for a pay cut.

9. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I actually think it's very accurate. Your analysis is spot on !

10. ZiggerZagger

Mar 13, 2012
    That was funny when he couldn't come up with a bigger alternative, I mean off the top of your head just say Saunders v Eubank II , its still not as big as Khan v Brook numbers wise but substantially bigger than Buatsi v Yarde would ever be imo.

11. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    The thing that's grating me about this is, Benn vs anyone being a "bigger fight" compared to anything else right now, is purely because Matchroom is making a massive bet on Benn and overpaying him until it goes one way (AJ/Whyte-level PPV) or bust.

Without that, Benn's market rate would be far less. Hearn also isn't stupid; a Benn-Khan fight would find audiences way beyond the UK and could even be placed in the Middle East to beef up the pot. Clearly there's no love for Brook in amongst all this, whatever Hearn makes out.

BXNG101 likes this.
  12. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    How much is he earning then?

13. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    It could actually be quite funny if Sky Sports soon announces Brook vs Khan as their first major boxing event in early 2022.

14. ZiggerZagger

Mar 13, 2012
    It would be funny seeing how many mugs would pay the £25 Sky would charge for it too.

15. ZiggerZagger

Mar 13, 2012
    More than he's been offered for the DA fight apparently. And as EH said even if they offered double he wouldn't fight him as he's not ready yet.