Eddie Troll Hearn

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Sep 24, 2020.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Just a complete embarrassment and disappointing that the interviewer let it slide with a meek "ok". Should have been prepared and pulled out the footage.

Matchroom and Sky have a habit of pretending certain things never happened. Like when they hype Usyk v Chisora next month, there will be no mention of the fact that whenever Chisora has been in with a skilled boxer he's been totally outclassed. And remember when hyping Usyk v Bellew they totally disregarded the fact that Stevenson had blown Bellew away years before.

But this from Hearn takes the biscuit because I don't think he's lying. He just has believed his lie so much that he genuinely believes Whyte got up quickly.

rezzer, Clarkey, N17 and 3 others like this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    The clip continues for 27 seconds roughly after the punch
    Whytes still down lol

Eddie's lost the plot here in trying to salvage one of his only PPV fighters rep

DJN16, N17, NasalSpray and 2 others like this.
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    If you believe a lie strongly enough, eventually you will believe it.

The mind is really powerful in these instances. I remember reading a really interesting article a while back which said human memories change over time. If someone tries to recall a particular incident that occurred in their past, every time they remember the incident, their memory of what happened changes because of human emotion.

It's really interesting and I genuinely think here that Hearn's memory of the event has changed because he chooses so strongly to believe that Whyte wasn't that hurt.

4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    That is true about the memories...you can essentially re-remember memories, to the point where it’s possible to be totally convinced that something happened a certain way over time. It’s like the mind playing Chinese whispers with itself.

N17 and CutThroatFade like this.