Eder Jofre: Best I Faced

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by surfinghb, Feb 13, 2019.

1. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Interesting that he picked Harada as the smartest. There was a method to his madness.

Also, Jofre is another boxer to pick the man he beat as best overall (to be fair, he did beat everyone not named Harada).

JC40, red cobra and Clinton like this.
  2. Longhhorn71

Longhhorn71 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
  3. ChrisJS

ChrisJS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Medel is one of those “champ in any other era” type guys. He was smart, set traps expertly, great power and great finishing skills. He beat Harada by KO and arguably deserved to win the re-match in Japan.

Jofre is the man. That first fight was a great fight. Too bad the only footage of the re-match is minimal highlights.

roughdiamond likes this.
  4. Flea Man

Flea Man มวยสากล Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Just so everyone knows, Medel did not arguably win the Harada rematch. Fine if Chris thinks so (and he has his reasons) but for the uninitiated that’s not some consensus opinion; it’s generally thought that a much improved Harada (strategically) clearly won the second fight with a few tough moments.

Medel said Harada won, Medel’s manager did. Harada said it was his toughest fight, but he won, 10-5 or 9-6 (at closest)

roughdiamond likes this.
  5. AlFrancis

AlFrancis Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2008
    It makes you wonder. If there was no Jofre, how does the bantam line go? Who fills the gap, 60-65?

6. Eddie Ezzard

Eddie Ezzard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Evening, Surf. Thanks for the link. It's good to catch up a bit with what the lighter champs have been doing. Russell will be thrilled. He's always banging the drum for the bantams and flyweights, broadening our horizons (well, mine at least).

What I found particularly surprising, looking at the first picture, was that Eder Jofre was actually Salvador Sanchez' dad. Who knew? Or was he Vito Antuofermo's twin?

There you go, @Russell. You can't say I don't take the little guys seriously.