EDWARDS LATEST IFL INTERVIEW

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by RT7, Apr 14, 2022.

1. RT7

RT7 Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Wouldn't normally start a thread for an interview but Eddie's with umar today deserves an audience, he sounds not only deluded but slightly deranged. From Nigels son being a global star to fury never knocking anyone out "properly" to Frillian being a bigger puncher than wilder...this gem has it all

destruction likes this.
  2. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    There's a very frosty relationship between Umar and Edward at the minute, due to Umar being snuggled into uncle Frank's back pocket. I think this has a part to play.

Although, Edward does need to watch he doesn't turn into what he calls Warren, a bitter old promoter who's blood pressure will be the end for them. He's certainly looking a bit more rattled lately.

Finkel likes this.
  3. Jason Gordon

Jason Gordon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Hearns bitterness has always been there it's just coming out more and more as he isnt getting it all his own way.

impacted, KingKO, BaronSamedi and 3 others like this.
  5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    He is very polished in front of the camera and actually very normal off camera when you meet him.

He knows how to sell, he knows what will sell and does not care if his boxers end up with a face like Kell.

Guru88, moog, Finkel and 2 others like this.
  6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    He said van heerden is a great opponent for benn. Watch the fight between Ennis and van heerden, it was complete target practice until the cut. Benn smashes him in a few rounds. Also said that avanysan only gets 6k fans to a fight which isn’t enough? Really? I think a fight with Benn vs him would sell out quicker than van heerden imo

destruction, Accurate and Jurgen like this.
  7. Koli55

Koli55 Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Well he's right about one thing. Despite knocking Wilder down many times, Fury is still a featherfist.

PS. Boxing Social >>> IFL

8. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Saturday's expected attendance is 6 to 7 thousand so why cant that make do for David vs Benn?

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    If it wasn't lack of following it would be something else. Eddie's going to say anything to keep Avenysan apart from Benn because he knows what happens if they meet.

Frankie Blue Eyes and Wizbit1013 like this.
  10. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm pretty sure Van Heerden will be betting on himself in this one, that's the impression I got in the press conference.

It seems to be the norm to align yourself publicly with Benn in boxing at the moment, he must have a lot of influence behind the scenes somehow.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  11. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Been that way for 2 years. Umar feels comfortable giving it to Eddie but asking Frank to read rehearsed questions from a notepad in his box at arsenal that umar likes to rinse.

Holler, Finkel and im sparticus like this.
  12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Think about it as a promoter.

fight 1 is 7k tickets against a very winnable opponent.
    Fight 2 is 7k tickets in a 50/50 fight that your prospect might not be ready for as he’s building up.

mot you take fight 1. Then take another fight that sells out the o2 in a much bigger profile fight where people know who you are fighting. Not someone who literally just fought on 6k on TV. For instance Mikey Garcia, kell Brook or Amir Khan. All winnable and much much bigger fight

13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Oh i get it

But maybe when Frank Smith is giving details to the same channel on expected attendance, its probably not the best idea to then state 6 thousand isn't enough

Esp as he isn't going to admit what you wrote publicly

14. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Why try to defend the indefensible- it will always be a waste of time.

'Conor Benn's one of the biggest stars in the sport he's one if a most exciting fighters on the planet'

direct quote from Hearn, who is so desperately clutching at straws here.

Benn has never fought for a English, British, or European title yet he's somehow magically world class despite never having won a single meaningful fight and having his hand held every step of the way in terms of blatant cherry picking. Brook and Khan are two mid 30's fighters at the very end of their career who are 1 fight away from retirement. We all know neither of those fights are happening, I think that's been made quite clear for some time now. Amir has turned the fight down multiple times. Kell doesn't want the fight either. There not 'big fights' if they never actually happen.

The reality is Conor would not be a big favourite against the likes of Marku, Kongo, or Mckinson- all three are more than capable of beating him and it would not surprise me in the least if any of them did (for different reasons), that is perhaps he best reflection of his true level.

With some honesty and humility he could still have a decent career. I just wish the laughable claims about his ability and position would stop. His name does not belong in the same sentence as Porter, Crawford, Spence, Ennis, etc.

15. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    In fairness i think he was referring too how many were watching it on BT.