Edwin Rosario vs Rodolfo Gonzalez

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Xplosive, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    The Gonzalez that masterfully took apart Carmona versus the Rosario that destroyed Bramble.

2. Xplosive

Jun 23, 2008
  3. Rspen46

Rspen46 Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Rosario was a much better all around fighter with more power, as proven by his career record and who he fought, the bigger question for me is, if Aaron Pryor had stayed at Lw when he held a #3 ranking, before his people ran him as fast as they could to the crappy Jww division.
    would love to have seen him stay at LW, and try to avenge his 2 losses to Howard Davis Jr. a big fight, challenge Jim Watt for the Title, Hilmer Kenty, have an Ohio War with mancini and Arroyo, eventually battle Rosario, Chavez, McGirt, Jimmy Paul, and at that time Andy Ganigan if he hit pyror he knocks him out, and even Art Frias would have been a 1 or 2 round War until Art got Koed, also Arguello at LW would have been better for him, and Bramble, O'Grady, soon Camacho and there were others he could have fought, he should have fought Duran at JWW but let duran's offer expire as he moved up to WW, he turned down 2 Leonard offers, wanting well over 1 million, but Leonard hated him after their big flare up and did not want to give him 1 Mil. Heck I would like to have even seen him fight Saoul Mamby who held the other half of the JWW Title during much of Pryor's reign, how they avoided fighting i have no clue. Any great with Power knocks out Pryor, also would love to have seen Wilfred Benitez hand on a bit longer at JWW to beat Pryor, then we would not have to listen to all the Pryor jock sniffers that exist in this world.

4. Rspen46

Jun 6, 2013
    Just a quick NOte, being from Cincinnati and still living in the area and being a Huge boxing fan, I loved A. Pryor, most in town did, we all wanted to see him do the big fights that he somehow avoided, even the newspapers and talk show hosts were always discussing it, WHY did he not fight anyone else. He was an awesome fighter to watch, just wish he had been clean in his fights and not ruined himself and fought more, Duran-Pyror is not what i call a dream fight, it should have happened, Pryor wimped out, duran would have devasted him that's why. and Pryor knew it, so did everyone in his camp, they wanted to keep riding the CHAMP's coat tails as Champ as long as they could, then in time cash in on 1 or 2 big fights to finish things, but it all ended sooner than they all thought before that happened.

5. Xplosive

Jun 23, 2008
    This thread has ZERO to do with Pryor. Stop trolling

6. Rspen46

Jun 6, 2013
    and it has zero to do with you making useless comments just to gain another comment in your overall total, you stop being whatever you are, it's annoying to others, and I believe I've read 100s of posts so far, and a very large number of them, people make comments that are about other things and other Fighters, how many of them have you gone in and posted this same stupid comment, very useless, which forced me to make a useless comment not associated with the post itself, but yours was uncalled for, mine is defending myself from someone tryin to add to his numbers, that's very clear. and also the post is easily answered and it would be over, so adding a little extra gives it a little life to it, go bother someone else.

7. Rspen46

Jun 6, 2013
    Now I see how you get over 20,000 by posting useless comments like you did above Obsessed, LOL!, how about putting that time to useful posts like I did here until you jumped in with an uncalled for remark.

8. Rspen46

Jun 6, 2013
    I didnt notice it the 1st time, but you also made a comment that says no one? LOL!, another useless comment to add to your total, I've seen a lot of people banned in this forum for a lot of things, I believe someone like you should be banned for making useless comments just to gain the numbers of how many you make and for jumping on people like me for making useful comments that you disagree with. I answered your questions which anyone that knows boxing could answer, Rosario KO"s him 100% of the time, and if you knew anything about boxing you would know that and never have asked it, again, I'm thinking just a useless post so you can make several more to add to your total, I am betting you do this as often as you can in all your posts to build them up, and I'm sure you will have to reply several times to this one to add to the running total, must mean something to ya to have reached 20,000 plus, congrats, but how many are useless and how many have you jumped on others for just making posts they think are helpful or offering info.

9. Xplosive

Jun 23, 2008
  10. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    He pretty much covered everything, didn't he?

KeedCubano and robert ungurean like this.
  11. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    How did this turn into Pryor bashing? And Pryors people didn't move him to Jr.welter because they wanted to, he couldn't get a shot at lightweight. And in my opinion, Pryor defeats everyone you named in your rant, with the exception of Duran, Chavez , And Arguello at lightweight. Some he would've destroyed..... Like Andy Ganigan. But this post is about Rasario vs Gonzales. Though he looked great in that fight, Gonzales was at the end of his career. And The Rasario that fought Bramble was prime. I like Rasario big time in this fight. A ko within 10 rds for him.