Eggington gets smashed by Smith fast!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Mar 29, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Sky and Matchroom have a habit of erasing defeats from the memory. For instance it’s as if the Kabayel-Chisora fight never happened.

moog, Tony Belloo and Dragon Punch like this.
  2. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Weekend predictions

Smith to annihilate Eggington. Hopefully it is a good fight while it lasts however Beefy is much better.

Fowler should be too much for Fitzgerald. Good contest I reckon where both men leave with their heads held high.

Really nothing will surprise me in the Price - Ali fight. It should be target practice for Pricey but you really wouldn't know.

3. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    1 KO defeat in a fight that he badly misjudged and got it all wrong and now Eggington is getting torn apart. It happens, fighters lose, Eggington is a decent enough lad though and he's been in some entertaining fights, he'll probably lose but he's not the sitting duck that some are claiming him to be. I don't understand why he's being torn into, the original post read like an attack on him.

4. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I like Eggington. He said he only started to try and earn some money so let’s be honest he’s done brilliant. I don’t like the way Hearn is just throwing him out now , he won’t get anything after this Hearn will probably drop him. With the potential big fights for Smith, Hearn wouldn’t put him in with someone he deemed was a risk. Eggington doesn’t seem the brightest lad so I hope he’s got people with his interests at heart.

I’ve said for years Smith is very underrated, he is more skilful than people think. However, after the Munguia and Canelo fights I believe the only thing that is stopping Smith being a serious player is the lack of power. Both of them fights would have been different if he had more pop, still adamant he would have knocked sky chin Munguia out. It’s this lack of power that makes me think Eggington might make it to the later rounds but even if it goes the distance Smith will just outbox him like the second Williams fight.

I think Fowler will win by stoppage but I couldn’t tell you when, the way they may go at each other it could be anytime. I kinda hope Fitzgerald does it though, Fowler used to seem sound, getting very up his own arse now though.

Price round 3.

What’s Tom Farrel’s opponent like?? I like Farrell, nice and tidy but another scouser whose lack of power will probably hold him back.

Looking forward to seeing Glover, he was brilliant last time.

Twentyman likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Sounds about right to me Lep.:number_one:

The Eggman might not even make it that far, and I like Sam.

6. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Egg will do way better than people are saying. He isn't great but that last defeat was a freak occurrence.

7. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    My predictions:
    Smith stoppage mid to late rounds.
    Fowler stoppage mid to late rounds.
    Price early KO
    Robbie Davies on points.

8. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    This will probably sound ridiculous to most, but IMO Eggington should have had his licence to box at this level removed at least for his first fight after the last defeat.

I know it’s not in the rules, but his actions in that fight with him basically refusing to defend himself and taking continuous flush shots to the head, not only risked his own safety but put boxing into disrepute.

If this guy shows any signs of doing the same thing again, by that I mean refuse to defend himself than the fight should be waved off immediately with Matchroom fined heavily afterwards.

I totally get that Eddie is cashing him out with the highest paying fight he could give him, but it’s got to be safety first at all times.

As for the fight, Smith should stop him in the first half.

Twentyman and im sparticus like this.
  9. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    But it was a shocking KO defeat it was supposed to be a tick over fight and then he would fight Rios at Wembley on the AJ povetkin undercard.

The clown had even already sold tickets to his mate in anticipation of the fight and what happened? Totally overlooked the lad and got humiliated.

The fact he is even headlining a sky card after that is disgrace and everything to do with the fact he is Barry Hearn's teachers pet.

10. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Might wack a tenner on Price in round 2 at 8/1, hopefully he is all Hulk mode and not zombie robot Pricey

Got a feeling Fowler will obliterate Fitz , as Fitz is all over the place

Smith will probably make short work of Eggington

I think i also speak for us all when i'm also hoping for a bit of Matchroom bonus action.

11. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I was wrong @lepinthehood ... he was strolling trough the park like it was a sunny, lazy, sunday afternoon.

lepinthehood likes this.
  12. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Really, Eggington should never have been in there with Liam Smith. Just a session on the bags for Smith to be honest.

Tough tough man is Eggington but that was a mismatch.

Twentyman likes this.
  13. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    eggington needs to quit, i feel for him.

Pez, lewis gassed and Robney like this.
  14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Horrible to watch that as I thought it would be. Really wished they’d just stopped the fight in the 3rd. Liam just walked through him and as he said himself, he had no respect for his power. Only 25 but if he’s gonna insist on fighting on then he needs to be protected from himself.

DJN16 and 305th like this.
  15. davidjay

davidjay Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Eggington seems to have gone from decent European level fighter to punchbag almost overnight. Him and Price should both have one more fight and then retire while they can still remember their names.