Eight divisions. Eight belts. One man held three of them. An unprecedented feat!

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Dec 12, 2019.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Eight divisions. Eight belts. One man held three of them. An unprecedented feat by an unequalled phenom. Born #OnThisDay: Hammerin' Hank. A look back, by
    Did Armstrong achieve more during his career than Manny Pac? Could Manny have held all three belts in three different divisions like Armstrong did if he had challenged the world titlist`s that rmstrong won the titles off, had he been around during Armstrong`s era?
    This content is protected

greynotsoold likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes. No.

3. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Armstrong’s feat is unique and will never be repeated. Pacquiao winning 3 titles simultaneously in the modern era still would not equate proportionally to what Armstrong achieved.

Would Pacquiao beat Lou Ambers and Barney Ross? Maybe, maybe not. But as much as I admire Pac-Man, yes, clearly Armstrong achieved more than Manny.

4. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Mark please tell me more about this unknown phenomenon you call Hank Armstrong. Is he related to the horn playing guy or the moon man? How come we have never heard of this man?

5. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Little know that he had a son named Stretch. Cool dude. Stretch Armstrong was the coolest friend a kid could have.