El Puma/Warpuma Chronicles

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by El Puma, Mar 2, 2009.

1. El Puma

El Puma between rage and serenity Full Member

Jan 8, 2006
  2. El Puma

Jan 8, 2006
    Did 2nd set of Smolov yesterday

245lbs 5x7 Felt good.

Did strict presses today finishing at 155lbs. Will do 4-6 weeks to build up to my max of 175lbs or above and then begin a Smolov Jr. cycle.

Did the Recon Ron pullup program @ 10,7,6,6,5 off with L-Pull ups off the bar and squat rack. Ended with elevated pushups with additional 20lbs 5 sets of 30 for 150 total.

Nice easy day between Smolov. The real test comes in the next 2 weeks when each set jumps 30 total lbs.

So why did you choose to set yours after all those others?

"Because of some of the themes in the Claremont/Miller saga. I felt it was really important to find Logan at a moment where he was stripped clean of his duties to the X-Men, his other allegiances, and even stripped clean of his own sense of purpose. I was fascinated with the idea of portraying Logan as a ronin – the definition of which is a samurai without a master, without a purpose. Kind of a soldier who is cut loose. War is over. What does he do? What does he face? What does he believe anymore? Who are his friends? What is his reason for being here anymore? I think those questions are especially interesting when you're dealing with a character who is essentially immortal."

Then it was important for him to have that baggage from the previous movies?

"It was only to my advantage to set it after the X-Men films because the X-Men had effectively ended at that point. A lot of the key characters had died. There was a sense if I'm locating this film not five minutes after the other movie, but a period of time after that last X-Men movie, I can find a Logan who is living separate from the world. He is no longer a member of some superhero team."

3. El Puma

Jan 8, 2006
    Sorry I have been falling behind with the updates.

I completed the first day of the second week Base cycle of Smolov.

4 sets of 9 @ 245lbs

I felt good at the end. I also feel like I am losing myself in this monster I created..

"When your mother closed that door, you weren't alone. I was there with you.
    Faceless.
    Nameless. But I could feel you. And that night...
    You could feel me."

4. El Puma

Jan 8, 2006
    5 Sets of 7 @ 265lbs

Last set made me dizzy. Worth it.

This content is protected

5. Arranmcl

Arranmcl Arran Full Member

Jan 2, 2011