Embarrassing & Desperate = Hearn & Joshua

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Quickeyg, May 29, 2019.

1. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    I'm hearing there's tons of tickets for sale on the resale market.

Yep, buy one get one free offer there doing.

BLOCKING Blue Blood Sports TV from coming to the press conference today because he asks AJ tough question's and little aj doesn't like that & Hearn. Other boxing Vloggers have been blocked.

20 people with their smartphones out taking pictures and aj says ''America came out! Amazing support''.

Hearn all in the videos all dancing and swaying.

Proper cringy sh*t going on.

Like 78 said (fake it till you make it) and that's precisely what they are all doing.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  2. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Blue blood sports? 78? Wtf has happened to Boxing.

Sugar 88 likes this.
  3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    The only cringey thing was last Blue blood sports interview with Hearn, Hearn embarrassingly put him in his place.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Tankatron, Beez and BigStiffIdiot like this.
  4. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Lions den boxing community - and if that fight Saturday late night does over 1 million ppv buys you have to ask WTF has happened to boxing. These goofy casuals are gullable as f*ck.

5. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    I really don't get Hearn's approach to AJ's US debut. Common sense dictates that to 'showcase' AJ you'd put on a great card that would get everyone saying "wow, this is a great night of boxing" but what we are actually saying is "AJ will smash the fat pudding in 6 rounds and the undercard is dire".

I have zero interest in paying £19.99 and staying up until 5am to watch this. Even if this card was on at 8pm in the UK, I'd feel very underwhelmed by it.

Now as much as I think Hearn's a snake, he's a great salesman but he's made a complete balls of this one.

6. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Lmao anyone else hear Suge Knight's voice in there head when they read this part

7. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Don't really understand how they are faking it? AJ is fighting for 3 major belts at the garden.

Hearn has a card on with an undisputed fight, a ring magazine fight and 3 belts at HW fight along with some top British prospects. Crowd will be a near on sell out. Not sure thats faking it, seems like they've made it to me.

Gatekeeper, Mitch87 and Accurate like this.
  8. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Things like this aren't about cards. It's purely about Joshua smashing someone up at prime time on American television, before going on to tell everyone (correctly) that Wilder is running from him.

9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    But although we are the minority (Hardcores?)
    It matters to us
    The card is an absolute piece of shite
    Fast Car has had plenty of time to serve up a good card and not one 50 50 fight to be seen

NasalSpray and Inglis_1 like this.
  10. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Prime time Subscription TV.

You need an audience to get the message across.

11. majypoo

majypoo Member Full Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Stop deflecting because Wilder ducked AJ once again. There is no buy one get one free tickets, there are about 3,000-5,000 tickets still on ticketmaster. They are very expensive at face value that's why they haven't all sold. They normally sell around a couple thousand on the last day. I'd expect around 16,000 in there at a very high price range for that fight, so the gate is high. I'd slag them off more for letting MSG put the ticket prices that high. As for Blueblood, maybe if he started acting like he has some sort of integrity he might get invited to events.

Beez, Holler and mstar like this.
  12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Blue blood is such a Wilder nut hugger its untrue

13. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    It's a shocking card. The best fight of the night is probably Algieri v Coyle. Yay.

Tyson Furry and CutThroatFade like this.
  14. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Blue Bloods Sports and barbershop conversations are the BIGGEST wilder fan boys ever. They are banned by matchroom press from what i know for inciting racisim with "white man Hearn doing x y z to black fighters etc etc"

Wilder is ducking its simple. He would of earned a lot more with DAZN for the DB and Ortiz fight. its clear they will try and keep wilder money rolling in until they have no options left.

15. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Just hope the viewing figures for Joshua Rivas ... & for Fury’s fight, are bad as I hope they ll be - might finally get the message across.