Ephedrine and training

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Spooner21, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Spooner21

Spooner21 Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2011
    I bought a couple bottles of pure ephedrine the other day and have looked into supplementing with it to finish off my last cut to get down to 190lbs. I was 240 when i started cutting now im down to 202-204ish and am looking to make one final run at 190 and have heard it can be good to use for the end of a cut when you are starting to slow progress a bit. What are your thoughts on ephedrine? If i understand its still illegal in the states, thankfully im Canadian and can buy it downtown. How should i go about taking it, dosages etc, they come in 8mg pills. Im thinking a 4 week cycle too. Is that alright? And I do some pretty intense cardio, hill running, circuits, interval training, distance running, etc. Ive heard it is a powerful stimulant that can raise blood pressure and heart rate so I wasnt sure if its safe to mix in with intense cardio.

2. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    So you bought the stuff but don't really know anything about it? Good idea.

3. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    It makes you feel sick- and it is a banned substance if you are competing.... It ****s your stomach too... Massive stimulant effect though... I had it a few times when I worked long shifts ... Intense

4. Speechless

Speechless Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Ephedrine is bad news all around.
    Even though you can buy it legally, it's a banned substance in many sports.
    I've used it before, briefly and the heart palpitations are something else. Even at rest, it's like your heart can beat so hard it feels like it's gonna burst and you gotta get up and run around or something or else you feel like you'll have a cardiac arrest.
    I think it's effective as an appetite suppressant, but performance wise, you're taking a big risk for limited gains.

5. PNoyFightFanUSN

PNoyFightFanUSN Larry Don't Give a **** Full Member

Apr 9, 2010
    snort some bath salts. they're still legal.

6. Spooner21

Apr 4, 2011
    how should i go about cycling them? dosages etc?

7. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    I can remember I took hydroxc Cut, and drank it with some green tea. Went on a 12 miles run, and later on that night. Was out of breth, well it felt like I was not benefiting from the oxygen I was taking in, and I seemed to be hyper ventilating, I had to stand outside and just calm down and breath slowly.....

I have never bothered taking stimulants again.

In this Hydroxc Cut, it contain Ephedrine!

8. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This.

9. doylexxx

doylexxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    its only a stimulant, more awake and the effects last no biggie

10. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Cocaine is only a stimulant.

11. PNoyFightFanUSN

PNoyFightFanUSN Larry Don't Give a **** Full Member

Apr 9, 2010
    all of them. forever.

12. JC2006

JC2006 Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Well, the standard pills were originally 25mg and then they had to reduce the dosage to a maximum of 8mg per pill. I would say you should take 24-32mg of ephedrine and 1-200mg caffeine before your workout. You'll be ready to rock and sweat like a ***** lol. Where are you from in Canada bro?

13. Spooner21

Apr 4, 2011
    id thought of trying the ECA stack, ive heard alot of guys have had great success with it

14. grumpy

grumpy Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Personally I miss the stuff, one of the only supplements that lived up to it's hype. Use it pre-workout & becareful with the eca stack. If you're ready it'll knock your socks off it pretty powerful. Don't use it on days you don't train, and not anytime before you go to bed. Wish I could get some, it's awesome stuff.

15. Windigo

Windigo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Well its banned in most sports now. I use to take it and make my own ECA stack. Its good for energy and losing weight but its bad when you are trying to put on mass. Its is very hard to put on mass when you have no appetite. It also isn't very good for your GI track and when you combine it with caffeine and aspirin which is even worse for your stomach its a good idea to take it with some short of antacid or 24 hours acid reducer.