Erislandy Lara Santoya vs. Thomas Anthony LaManna, Jr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Apr 5, 2021.

The American Dream or Cornflake?

Poll closed May 1, 2021.
  1. Lara on points

28.6%
  2. Lara by stoppage

71.4%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. LaManna on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LaManna by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    This is happening, randomly, primero de Mayo, for the vacant WBA middleweight title...in spite of the following:

1. LaManna is coming off a pair of quick victories over tomato cans on the hero's of in turn having taken back to back defeats last year, and
    2. Lara has fought just thrice in as many years, going 2-0-1 and drawing with by far the best of his opponents in that span...and is 'returning' to middleweight (or at least competing above super welter) for the first time since his controversial 2014 defeat to Canelo Álvarez (which had a 155lb catch-weight)

:nusenuse:

OvidsExile likes this.
  2. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Well none of the actual MWs have anything scheduled so may as well bring in some outside help.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    A career 154lber versus a guy whose career has mostly been split between 147 and 154. Between them just a dozen fights at middleweight in a combined nearly six dozen fights.

LaManna is somehow rated #8 by the WBA. Lara, their "regular" champion a division below, is unranked at middleweight.

4. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    As much as i'd like Cornflake to win this, i think he get's schooled through out and stopped somewhere in the middle rounds.

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    TALMJ (aka TLM III*) has less chance of escaping with a W as would a legitimate cornflake of staying dry in a bowl half full of milk. :deal:

*(his grandfather is 81 yo Thomas John LaManna; his father is 59yo Thomas Anthony - so you can render him as either a Junior or Third depending on whether you omit the middle name or include)