Erislandy Lara Vs Gary O'Sullivan

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, May 27, 2022.

1. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Anyone interested in this fight? I've always been a fan of Lara and enjoy watching him fight so I'm looking forward to this on the weekend.

I've put a fairly big bet on Lara to win by decision but I'm regretting it now as I think he probably will knock him out. How do you boys see this fight going ?

2. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This is a horrible fight for Spike

3. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Unless Lara has aged - it should be a routine win. Spike isn't a world class fighter and looses to anyone with any real quality.

Greg Price99 likes this.
  4. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Lara poleaxes him. Hopefully Spikes reigned in the pre fight trash talk by now as it seems to always come back to haunt him

CutThroatFade likes this.
  5. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Both at their best then Lara wins with ease, different levels. I like Spike as a fighter though.

Greg Price99 likes this.
  6. crixus85

crixus85 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    On paper, a no contest, just the intangible exists. Alvarez couldn’t solve Lara, don’t expect Spike to.

Ducklerr likes this.
  7. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    AC Milan v Sligo rovers.

Ducklerr and EJC83 like this.
  8. GDM74

GDM74 Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2021
    Lara to win in rounds 1-4 is 4/1…that’s what I’ve got!

Potwash likes this.
  9. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wish I went for that now, don't know what I was thinking betting on Lara to win on points, I can't see Spike lasting that long.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    O’Sullivan was quite bad years ago so he’ll have only declined. His punch resistance is totally gone too.

He’s been living off the Fitzgerald highlight reel KO for the best part of a decade now.

Also hope he gets splattered, have a real dislike for the guy.

11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Spike has had a great career to be fair to him bet he has made far more money than 99% of boxers at his level. This will top up his pension and he can sail off to enjoy his life.

12. morrie21

morrie21 Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Any reason for your "real dislike" of him? He comes across as a decent guy on social media - has a laugh with the fans etc.

13. grantsorenson

grantsorenson Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2021
    Keep the faith. I'm with you on Lara decision. If you know Lara hes the last guy you want to take to ko someone at a short price. I think Lara in rounds 1-4 is good and may hit but I don't want to be holding a Lara ko ticket at short odds and its in the 5th round. The fight could easily settle into a rhythm where Lara is out boxing and outmanouvering spike and cruising to a decision.

Potwash likes this.
  14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    He’s a convicted woman beater. Read about the assault as well, this wasn’t just him being convicted for a light shove or something. He was witnessed brutally punching his ex in the face. Total scum.

Further reasons to hate him are his conduct before the Eubank fight and the Lemieux one. The Lemieux one was extremely embarrassing, he made extremely bold claims pre fight and then was beaten in the most brutal manner possible.

He’s a massive ***** and his attempt to be funny and engage in banter online is not even slightly humorous.

LeavemealoneKoooogs likes this.
  15. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Lara prioritizes safety to a ridiculous fault, is infuriatingly reluctant to go in for the kill. He can have a guy on the hook for ten rounds and never quite extend himself enough to finish him off. So, for all Spike's hittability, you may well be worrying unduly here.