Erislandy Lara vs Golovkin @ 160 WHO WINS?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Godhead, Jan 3, 2015.

1. ALLEXX

ALLEXX Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Lara had an interesting rivalry with another kazakh fighter in the amateurs - Bakhyt Sa'rsekbayev.

Some stats:
    - Chemie Pokal - Halle, Germany - April 14-16th 2005
    Bakhyt Sa'rsekbayev (KZK) - Erislandy Lara (CUB) 26:21

- World Cup - Moscow, Russia - July 12-17 2005
    Erislandy Lara (CUB) - Bakhyt Sa'rsekbayev (KZK) 39:22

- 2006 President's Cup in Astana, Kazakhstan
    Bakhyt Sa'rsekbayev (KZK) - Erislandy Lara (CUB) 26:21

- Ahmet Comert Tournament - Istanbul, Turkey - May 9-13 2007
    Bakhyt Sa'rsekbayev (KZK) - Erislandy Lara (CUB) 20:11

They fought four times and Lara won only once.

2. IDKSAB

IDKSAB Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2015
    GGG by KO. I think Lara may have some success on the outside. But GGG absolutely brutalizes Lara within 10 rounds. Similar to Ouma cept Lara's skills keep him alive as Ouma's heart got him to the end of the fight(or alledged PEDs...).

3. sugarjay

sugarjay Guest

GiGi is the slowest fighter under 200+. any defensively savvy fighter would beat him IMO. I think b-hop beats him and i think lara can beat him if he doesn't get caught

4. jeremiclottey

jeremiclottey Active Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Good fight, GGG by KO.

5. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Golovkin has not faced someone that is in and out with the countering like Lara. Lara simply wont be there. Lara counters beautifully in the fight but moves too much and loses a decision. He then swears he was robbed.

6. Adil

Adil Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2012
    With the pedigree GGG has, your statement is simply untrue: GGG has got 350 fights in the ams and has faced "someone that is in and out with countering like Lara" like every other fight.

7. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Pretty much. He's seen everything in the amateurs.

People forgot he fought and beat Dirrell in the amateurs.

8. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Not sure, but I'd love to see the fight.

9. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Abel Sanchez originally said "we will fight anyone from 154 to 168." Then he changed it to "Anyone from 154 to 175". I didn't say it, he did. Besides, if the man is as popular as they keep saying he is, he does not NEED a PPV draw, he IS a PPV draw.

10. Ol' Bub

Ol' Bub Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Lara would get hurt bad.
    Like "I gotta take time off and contemplate my future" type bad.

That's why Lara is going after K9 instead of moving to 160 and doing what he needs to do to get this fight he supposedly wants.:lol:

You people need to understand this and stop looking foolish.

11. Arranmcl

Arranmcl Arran Full Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Lara has said he'd move up to 160 to fight GGG many times in the past.

12. WildStyle

WildStyle J.C. Penny's belt $2.99 banned

Sep 24, 2011
    Lara is extremely susceptible to the left hook by the way he likes to spin out to his right with his hands down. *see Angulo fight*
    GGG would catch him and it would be all over.

13. Koba

Koba Whimsical Inactivisist Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Why is the statement that GGGs open to offers from anyone between 154 and 168 taken to mean that he should just drop whatever he's doing whenever anyone mentions his name on twitter. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would automatically assume the unnecessary qualification that any such fight would have to make sense from GGGs point of view.

Furthermore, Golovkins circumstances have changed significantly from when he was relatively poorly known in the US and trying to drum up fights and build some kinda name fighting guys like Proksa and Rosado - which was the context in which that statement was made. Besides which it was always explained that fighting at 154 or 168 would always only have been for 'big (money)' fights.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lara fight Golovkin, but as a career JMW Lara does nothing for Golovkins MW credibility, he has no belt and isn't much of a draw - when Lara achieves something at MW he could probably make a legitimate challenger, but right now, with Golovkin potentially able to unify 3 of the 4 belts at 160 in 2015, Lara can't be high up their shopping list.

14. Arranmcl

Arranmcl Arran Full Member

Jan 2, 2011
    As much as I like Lara, GGG smashes him up. Probably knocks him out with a bodyshot too.

15. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2010
    :roll: I love how you people re-write history. Lara has called out Gennady on 2 separate occasions to which Golovkin's team has played the risk/reward card. In lay terms, they want no parts of Erislandy.

True story.