Errol Spence exposed lol a 40 year old Pac would dominate him

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Sep 29, 2019.

1. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    And if Jeff Horns fight was anything to go off, the Spence from last night would have manhandled Pacquiao.
    Styles make fights, why do people refuse to accept this?

Pacquiao would beat the brakes off Porter, but that doesn't mean he would beat Spence.
    Spence would potshot Pacquiao and time him to bits. It would be a great fight, but I would lean with Spence. All the advantages are with Spence...

2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Agreed, I'd pick Porter to do a Horn job on Manny too

3. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    A 40 year old MP might be the best WW in boxing :lol:

4. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    The last thing that goes is your power and Manny still has enough to hurt anyone at WW and the shots you dont see coming are the ones that put you on your ass and I can see Spence getting dropped even if it is just a flash knockdown.

5. blur

blur WLADGLASSJAW Full Member

Aug 5, 2009
    People telling pac wont touch spence. Pac has the ability to adjust to different opponents. Watch how he closes in against floyd. Pac maybe old but he has still enough gas left and the boxing IQ to beat the top ww right now. But hopefully the fight happens soon as 40 yrs old and 42 yrs old is like a 10 years gap in sports.

6. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Spence, Porter, and Danny G. all knock out Pac

Pimp C likes this.
  7. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    With all due respect, that is not a good example. Manny was ineffectual against Mayweather. He had no success whatsoever.

George Crowcroft and Pimp C like this.
  8. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Except taking 4 rounds from him according to the judges and clearly hurting Floyd twice. That’s much more success than 95% of floyds opponents.

9. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    The fight nothing alike, lol, different advantages too.

Porter is a lot more similar to cotto and Hatton, in fact very similar to cotto which is why porter was pacs sparring partner in preparation for cotto.

He’s a pressure fighter about 5’7 who’s aggressive inside and can box from the outside as a secondary.

Horn is a pressure fighter who doesn’t fight on the inside but instead grabs, falls on top of Pac and then gets him on a headlock. Throw in some elbows, headbutts and tripping too. Horn also has the height and reach advantage, this allows him to stay on the outside and then bumrush as grab, like an aggressive John Ruiz.

About the only thing they have in common is they’re both strong and aggressive.

Spence would have a way better chance of emulating horns style than porter.

I think Spence - Pac is 50/50 because of pacs gas tank and he can age overnight. Porter, can’t see it, Pac boxes his ears off.

10. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Exposed how? Who in the hell picked Spence to KO Porter? I sure as hell didn't. When has Porter ever been dominated? Spence puts a career ending beating on Pac make the fight and you'll be full of excuses after and not give Spence a ounce of credit for the win. BTW Porter would give Pac hell as well, just like Horn did who's not anywhere as good as Porter is.

AdamT likes this.
  11. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Maidana gave PBF a harder fight than Pac did stop.

northpaw and George Crowcroft like this.
  12. Sammy123

Sammy123 Money Maker Staff Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Porter hit spence right on the temple early in the fight and that staggered Spence.

Once I saw that, it only reinforced my notion that Crawford would not only beat Spence, but KO him as well. Crawford hits harder than Porter and is a much much more accurate counter puncher.

Also gives Pac a good chance of winning, simply because of his speed and ability to throw at angles. I would expect a surprise early round knockdown of Spence, just like how pac surprised Thurman with an early round knockdown. It's then where they realize Pac ain't just a short midget fighter, he's an ATG for a reason and hits much harder than his opponents initially give him credit for. If Spence wants to underestimate Pac just like Thurman did, he'll go down the same route.

I'd rather see Spence vs Crawford.

Tyson Fury Goat likes this.
  13. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    1. No one was exposed, if anything, it showed Spence could be successful in a firefight (which he had yet to prove). He's even more vetted now.
    2. Every one of Porter's losses were close wars where he forced his opponent into a firefight. He's a top 5 guy and the divisions truth serum.
    3. Manny fights absolutely nothing like Porter and you can't make a correlation between the success Porter had with what Manny could do
    4. Manny would struggle with Porter's engine as well, he had major problems with a lesser version in Horn (Still thought Manny beat Horn though but he struggled with that style)
    5. Unorthodox brawlers throughout the history of boxing are consistently polished boxers hardest opponents.

I could go on but I think my position is clear, no one was exposed and you guys overuse that word too much.

Pimp C likes this.
  14. Huberth

Huberth Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Jeff horn is a cheat garbage. Where is he now?

15. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    spence is a hype job LOL

Porter is made for Pac

Pac knocked out porter in camp before the cotto fight