Errol Spence has brutal words for Oscar De La Hoya

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Mar 17, 2019.

1. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    This is why Floyd is so far ahead of these dudes when it comes to business and boxing.

There won't be another black fighter from US as successful as Floyd for a long long time.

Gennady likes this.
  2. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Ya GBP furthered and enhanced B-Hop, FMJ, and SSM earnings, but what have they done recently and they certainly dont get behind and back black fighters the same way they do Mexicans and Chicano's.

3. Tyson379

Tyson379 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    I know its a touchy subject but I feel like I'm just being real. There is racism and people have those negative views but I feel as if many black people have been given too much propaganda to look for it everywhere. It develops a victim ideology and as such it creates two things: 1. It makes them racist themselves. 2. It kills off their own opportunities by having the victim mentality and creating their own boogeyman by their own self-limiting beliefs.

Chutz and slender4 like this.
  4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    No he did not. Floyd Mayweather, Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe Made Floyd a superstar. Nothing to do with Oscar. Floyd was his own boss and hired Golden Boy to co-promote his fights when Richard Schafer was there. When Schafer left and Old fishnets wanted to reassert himself the whole Golden Boy stable followed Haymon, Mayweather, Ellerbe, Mayweather Promotions, Haymon Boxing, PBC and Showtime. Drove HBO out of the Boxing Business. Now Oscar is Eddie’s Hearns underling at DAZN. Apart from Canelo who was the only 1 who stayed with Golden Boy who has Oscar got? Erroll Spence is now a PPV fighters making multi millions filling out Stadiums with 50,000 fans. Why would he want to join Oscar at DAZN? Oscar is desperate as even Ryan Garcia wants to join Mayweather. On Tuesday Deontay Wilder officially rejects DAZN and sticks with Showtime.

Boon, Pimp C and gogeta like this.
  5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Because he works for a white man ?? Really ?? I'd say Hopkins is well looked after, all this is just dumb fighters repeating what their master preaches to them

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    No, because their is a clear discrepancy between how GBP's Mexican/Chicano fighters are treated compared to the rest of their roster. Look maybe I'm wrong and you're right, and if so I have no problem manning up to my talk and taking it on the chin, but its just how it seems to me and what I do believe. And doesnt Bernard work for Oscar -- a Chicano, not a white dude?

Look man I like you and respect you as a poster, not trying to get into an arguing match with you, I very well could be wrong and if so -- I'm gonna eat crow in front of everyone here and have no problem doing it, but I dont type things unless I truly think/believe them.

bandeedo likes this.
  7. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I am black from the UK, you hardly see Uk fighters preaching racism or playing the victim. it is always the black Americans, LDBC is a manifestation of this.

gdm, Wizbit1013, Statman and 2 others like this.
  8. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Wasn't Oscar caught on tape making fun of black fighters or something?

9. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Oscar = Calvin Candie
    Bernard = Stephen

Clean & Crisp likes this.
  10. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    There probably wont be another fighter period as successful as Floyd for a very long time. Hes an awful promoter, but he's an extremely smart and savvy businessman, at least when it comes to himself.

11. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    C'mon get real; it was Bob Bennett ,the NSAC, Vegas boxing &USADA that made Floyd. He was the original cash cow.was NEVER allowed to lose. In fairness he should have at least FOUR losses on his record. Castillo1, Maidana 1, plus DQ losses against Ortiz & Judah. Plus his "win" over Pac should have been made a NC after IV gate broke.
    Now you've got Canelo assuming the cash cow role & the not being allowed to lose scenario
    Boxing is totally corrupt these days

gdm, Birmingham and Dance84 like this.
  12. thanosone

thanosone Love Your Brother Man Full Member

Sep 23, 2007
    He made PBF who he is.

13. Charlie Stewart

Charlie Stewart Most Merciful Full Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Some modern black american fighters act like everyone non black is supposed to support them or else its an injustice,but i never seen a mexican or european fighter with significant black americans support. They're just as tribal as mexicans if not more. I'm tired of this Black american victim narrative in Boxing in general, these Americans get every single benefit in their favour from the money end, to refereeing to the judging to the rankings over others but they're always whining like their victims? if you were cuban or Eastern European Spence you probably wouldnt have got that decision and you wouldve got paid WAY less. Food for thought.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  14. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Oscar racist? I don't see it.

15. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Ah yes the morals come out