Errol Spence has brutal words for Oscar De La Hoya

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    He doesn't appear willing to FORK out for African American fighters since Sugar Shane and B-Hop retired.

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  2. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Al haymon or this p u ss y leftist agenda the media and a lot people in government are pushing. It’s a victim mentality.
    The kneeling in the NFL was an atrocity. Atleast have a legit cause if you are gonna kneel.
    Police brutality on black people? Why not just police brutality on the whole?

3. Boxing Truth

Boxing Truth Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 13, 2013
    What happened to Rodrigo Garcia (19-0-14 kos)?
    He hasn't fought in 2 years.

I remember seeing him fight on the Pac-Clottey undercard years ago.

4. Boxing Truth

Boxing Truth Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 13, 2013
    You mean he died?

When and how?

5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Floyd would be **** all without Bieber, Bieber has a lot to do with them cheques being big

6. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Your picture tho hahaha l:ARMS1:

7. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    A promoter being racist or discriminatory towards black fighters in a sport like boxing where black boxers have thrived is absolutely stupid. Silly statement and I'm sure it's not true at all.
    Not particularly fond of DLH but people forget that accusing someone of racism is serious and evidence should be put forward when accusing people of such.

Eel87 and Hanz Cholo like this.
  8. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    disappointed in spence. i dont mind him say that, if someone asks him about it, then by all means speak your mind truthfully. but i dont like him instigating the issue on live media himself. i dont think he fully understands the lines he is drawing and what that could potentially do to his brands marketability.

9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Spence is starting to go to war

I think it's good he's calling out ex-fighters who share their awful opinions about who they think win fights.

Anyone worth their salt knows Spence was going to beat Mikey up. How you have guys like Foreman saying Mikey would win 9 times out 10 blows my mind.

Amazes me the amount of ex fighters who sure as hell know how to box but can't predict or visualize fights to save their lives.

HOWEVER the chip on the shoulder of many black fighters who claim as Spence just did "MY PEOPLE always going against the grain" AKA Black people should support other black people is dumb as it gets. Wilder another good example. You'd think he was still picking cotton in an Alabama field with the way he speaks. Get over yourself mate you're making millions of dollars whilst throwing windmills.

Every man has the right hold their own opinion, to take sides based on race though is pure ignorance.

You see it from the Mayweather gym during pick em' interviews. They literally just pick the black fighter. no logic or anything. Broner Maidana, fury Wilder. the list goes on. Embarrassing. I'm sure you have all seen the Wilder Fury POST FIGHT interviews where they're literally tapping elbows telling them to say "Wilder won". I can link said interviews if you'd like i'm sure you've seen them.

THINK FOR YOURSELVES.

That's one of the damn fundamentals you to learn to practice in life

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Eel87, kirk, Love2box and 1 other person like this.
  10. rapscalion

rapscalion Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Hopkins and Mosley were sure treated well

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Floyd won all these matches son. Live with reality.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    They were not with Oscar. He thought they were and was wrong as they were all with Al Haymon

13. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    ****s he on about... If anyone should feel wronged by Oscar it's GGG.. He's not black! Spence playing the race card again, he did it with Loma a while back too when people disagreed with him over the 'p4p' ranking of Loma.. Black Adelaide Byrd was able to pay her mortgage off because of Oscar! Bhop is cosy with him too..

Why are black American boxers (taking into account what I've seen recently with the likes of Wilder, Charlo, Ward, Porter, Jacobs etc) who have suspect & quite clearly favourable score cards & most of the advantages (like home turf etc) in their favour & who are rewarded massively financially for it still being little bitches?

If anyone should be aggrieved lately it's GGG, Fury, Korobov, Kovalev, Dchenko, Ugas etc... They were even gunna rob Loma v Linares!

Errol u just beat a flabby LW & are getting huge praise & exposure for it! Can it u racist *****...

Charlie Stewart and Eel87 like this.
  14. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    So should your av. pic :gaydude:

15. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Making an accusation that a particular person is a racist or at the least a bigot is not to be taken lightly. It's not something any admirable person should want to be. And if you're going to call somebody a bigot or whatever you ought to really have something to back it up. I dont know Oscar well enough to cast judgement. And if Spence is questioned on this he better be able to elaborate. Cuz you dont iust go around calling somebody a bigot if they are not.

And also here in the United States we had legalized slavery until the 1860s. So less than two hundred years ago people could own others on the basis of skin color. So that is going to take time for the remnants and pain of that to more completely and totally subside. And until 1965 America was a segregated society. And Jim Crow laws were enforced until 1965. Which comprised of many different ways to jail, discriminate and marginalize black people. That's just what happened in history. And many Americans who are literally still alive today have experienced Jim Crown personally. And if you're over 30 theres a good chance your own parents did. Little kids today probably will grow up in a world without segregation and parents who didnt know that world, but their grandparents might. And culture is passed down to some extent.

Is 54 years of integration in this country a long time? No not really. You dont iust magically have everybody doing kumbaya that fast when segregation and slavery lasted for that long.

America has come a long way. But when you think about it the civil rights movement only became mainstream about 60 years ago.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    blackbolt396 and bandeedo like this.