Errol Spence vs Lamont Peterson this Sat is going to be electric. Close fight, 50/50

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Jan 17, 2018.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Agreed, Matthysse was at his best that night and he caught Peterson clean it can happen to the best of them.

2. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    lamont gets rocked alot early like lucas and ortiz did but if gets past it he gets better as the fight goes on. but errol is smart an really works on the body. peterson might catch on to the headshot and block them but spence is a masterful body puncher . an them punishing body shots as well. keep in mind tho peterson is underated body puncher and he can be elusive. an with his speed he mite b able to pro long this fight. but i cant see lamont winning. spence is big keep in mind. he can move up to 154 and beat them guys to. 65/35 in spences favor.

JohnnyDrama99 likes this.
  3. Dagnaldinho

Dagnaldinho Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I dont think Spence stops Peterson even tho hes on a barrage of stoppages at the minute, impressive streak. I think Peterson will be too smart too get stopped although i see Spence winning this wide

4. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    gonna be a closer fight then most think.. Peterson learned from the lucas fight and has looked better since. still picking spence to win but I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts 12 rounds and Peterson makes it close

5. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Peterson is skilled and has fast hands, but he doesn't have the durability or power to win against Spence. Once Spence corners him and lands clean Peterson is going to get run over.

6. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    It's indeed 50-50
    50% Peterson got knocked out
    50% Peterson got beaten up in 12 lol.
    @MVC! Please pick Peterson in the league.

7. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Should be a Spence KO. I was more excited about this fight when it was first announced - then reality set it.

PEDerson hasn't been the same post steroids. He gets a lot of hype on these boards because he lost close to Garcia....and Garcia is not in Spence's league by any means.

KO8. I'm worried that PEDerson will be on his bike all night like he was against Garcia. Hope im wrong and Spence can corner him.

8. lmartin

lmartin Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Spence will walk right through him and drop him several times in about 5 or 6 rounds. Won't be competitive.

9. jquest

jquest Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Two body punchers. Errol has more pop though. Peterson isn't small at the weight. Should be a decent fight. I don't think Peterson gets obliterated the way he did against Matthyse.

10. critix

critix Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 9, 2012
    im looking forward to this bout......spence to take it by tko

11. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The odds I am looking at have Spence a 20-1 fav. in this fight.

12. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    I think that's very harsh on Garcia, surely they are currently very much in a similar league.

I think Garcia is so underrated

13. qwertyblahblah

qwertyblahblah Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    If you really think it's a 50/50 fight I hope you put a couple bucks on Peterson, who's as high as a 24/1 underdog.

I think Peterson will be tougher for Spence than some do, but he's not going to win. He'll be tricky to outbox early, and he has the toughness to stay with Spence and force him into a plan B. But he also won't be hitting and moving like Brook, he'll be there for Spence to find. Spence knocking out or dominating Peterson will be a huge statement. We should get to find out if Spence is just a solid, precise puncher, or can really hurt a guy at elite level.

14. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    For his size, PEDerson is featherfisted.

15. GolovKing

GolovKing ESB Since 2006 Full Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Spence will pretty much dominate this fight from start to finish.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018