Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia - Tall fighters on the outside and short on the inside, right?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Mar 6, 2019.

1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I tell you what. Mark you are a very knowledgeable bloke. I've seen that in the other thread and so I'll take yours opinion on this matter. Have to agree here

2. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    That's not what he said.

For boxing technique everything needs context and there is a LOT of nuance that one simply can't be expected to provide via text on a forum. There is a reason people spend years training this sport before they can even be considered to be decent in their own small gym. For the general context of what Bandeedo was referring to he was right. What happened is that people twisted his words to fit into a context that he wasn't even talking about.

People also don't say "step-jab" generally. Some gyms will say that but it is really awkward to even think of it that way.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Why are you writing this reply on this thread? Are you angry about the vid Fouts did on Roy?

4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    I think your in the minority there mate, thanks, lol!

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    What is Mikey’s level? That’s the big question here, the best he has fought is Salido and he wasn’t convincing in the end. I don’t think Spence is amazing, but he should be far too good for Garcia. Garcia lost rounds to Broner.
    Before the Loma-GRJ fight we had no idea how good GRJ was as he had fought no one. Turns out he was pretty damn good. However Mikey is clearly only an average athlete and he hasn’t been dominant.
    I give Mikey big credit for taking this fight, but it is long overdue. I expect Spence to dominate and to continue to be overrated a bit, because Mikey is really overrated.

6. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    Go to Youtube and look at the Roy is a Myth video comments. Mine is the top one. I tend to remember when people are this obviously and brazenly wrong. We went back and forth and he called Roy Jones a **** fighter, and Sugar Boy Malinga a nobody. Mathew Fouts is only person in the boxing community I actively dislike. Because because people like you (no offense Mark) watch his video and get their head full of his trash ideas.