ESPN: Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo & Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Craig Baker RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Hold up, I never said that Spence would beat down Crawford, I do think that Spence has a better shot at beating Crawford than the other way round. Indongo is in no way the fighter that Spence is. Spence is considerably more polished and takes and lands harder shots. Nothing freakish about Brooks eye injury. That happened as a result of repeated blows about the head and shoulders, each blow more deadly and powerful than it's predecessor.

qwertyblahblah likes this.
  2. Manfred

May 22, 2011
    Reads like you trolling right now.

3. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Sergey Lipinets.

4. bcr

bcr Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 21, 2013
    You just need to hear the punch, the left hook to the liver is the worst punch to take in boxing and a punch like that can take someone out even without much power in it, just good placement (it happened to me as the one who recieved the punch and also as the one that threw the punch).

dealt_with likes this.
  5. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Brook sustained the eye injury because Spence caused it during the art of boxing? It didn't just injure itself. Before the stoppage Spence was up on all three scorecard, what are you talking about. You do know a part of training in boxing is cutting weight, right? You act like this is a new phenomenon. Don't use that as an excuse for Brook loss, Spence has to cut weight too.

Spence gave Floyd a black eye...no one is Floyd 49 fights has ever given him a black eye. Charlo said Spence made him dig down deep in sparring, it was the toughest he's ever had.

Spence is the truth....Crawford beats everyone at 147 except Spence, who would walk him down and batter him.

6. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    I see that you have already visualized in your mind spence battering crawford like a hoe that came up short with the pimps money. I will ask you to snap back to reality.

spence flatted footed two stepper, crawford great footwork and speed of foot.
    spence great power slow of hand, crawford master counter puncher with angles
    spence all knockouts have been against ropes bundu, brook, crawford no rope burns on his back , great elusiveness

Crawford is just all wrong for spence and it ends badly for him.

7. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Hey @CST80 @IntentionalButt what do you guys think of Sergey Lipinets chances against Crawford? He was next in line for the IBF title shot when this fight happened, and is already telling Bud on Twitter he should be ready before the end of the year and he wants his his shot.

8. Manfred

May 22, 2011
    Regis Prograis has a real shot.

CST80 likes this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He was getting outboxed by Zappavigna and The Wolf up until he landed the shot that put them both down and out, and by Lydell Rhodes until he gassed, he in all likelihood gets outpointed by a hyper cautious Bud, but as with most heavy handed fighters, it wouldn't shock me if Lipinets landed a lucky punch, same goes with Spence, but its highly doubtful from either.

10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    A small one, but yeah, maybe.

11. Brujo

Brujo Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Crawford detractors with egg all over their faces once again. Must get old being wrong all the time.

dougemerypm, Gannicus and Rock0052 like this.
  12. Manfred

May 22, 2011
    I don't know 80, I think that he poses a bigger threat than just a little one. He moves better than anyone Crawford has fought thus far. He is the same height as Crawdaddy but lacks five inches in reach, advantage Crawford. However he moves his head pretty good and takes a good punch and lands a hellava punch. He can also box. I think that Crawford would be hard pressed to beat him and would not be surprised if he lost.

CST80 likes this.
  13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I highly doubt he gets his mando shot, as he doesn't bring a fraction of the drawing power of several more alluring names at welter, and even if he does I'd give him precious little chance.

Lipinets has a sneaky good body attack himself, which could be his best hope (to sap Bud's wind unexpectedly with a single blow and then capitalize with a swarm of damaging follow-ups before he can recover), but when headhunting is way too wild and would serve himself on a silver platter to Crawford the moment he got overeager and started backing a possum-playing Crawford up into the ropes.

CST80 and Rock0052 like this.
  14. Neebur

Neebur Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Even 10 fight novice The Tartan Tornado would've been a much tougher fight than Indongo. He would stop wild ass Indongo early too.

CST80 likes this.
  15. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Spence batters Crawford....His body shots will kill that movement from Crawford.

16. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Crawford should seek Mikey Garcia, failing that, get a tune up against Adrien Broner which will be good for raising publicity at 147, and then go straight for Thurman or Spence.

His career is exciting, very grateful that he wants to fight the best.