ESPN: Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jose Pedraza & Isaac Dogboe vs. Emanuel Navarette RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Stallion

Stallion Son of Rome Full Member

May 6, 2013
    Actually it is to be argued otherwise.

Boxing before 1950s was much more local with only a handful of international fighters coming along. Certainly doesn't prove the existence of the greatest among the greats. Especially during the 1940s (Joe Louis' reign for example) when the world was at war and a bunch of local guys were fighting among themselves and claiming greatness.

Such situation stops those old timers from being legitimately compared to the more modern greats.

Rock0052 and mirkofilipovic like this.
  2. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Lomachenko-Pedraza full fight, from Ukraine Public TV's YouTube channel:

This content is protected

3. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Tank Davis must be better. Oh wait, let's get it on & then let's see all these confident Tank Davis picks :lol:

Even Pedraza said what is patently obvious, 'loma is better than Davis'..

4. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    If that’s his A game, then he isn’t nearly as good as I thought. Obviously it wasn’t, but that’s neither here nor there.

5. Liquorice

May 13, 2018
    Umhhh pedraza the two weight champion just got used as a human punching bag!

Totally overrated 4 time champion in 13 fight's :lol:

The straws they clutch at, lmao the pain is real... Bring on bad man tank to destroy the hype job etc etc

CST80 and dealt_with like this.
  6. Liquorice

May 13, 2018
    Fury just caused a mass suicide

mirkofilipovic and Serge like this.
  7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: Loma is a ''bum'' but Donkey is god.

Liquorice likes this.
  8. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Things were pretty international in that era. The USA dominated the champions tables because that's where the sport was most popular. Also, there is a link to how wealthy a country is and how well its citizens do at sports. For much of the twentieth century, the USA had an economic advantage which translated to an athletic one.

Your example of Joe Louis should illustrate the international nature of the sport. He fought German Max Schmeling, Spanish Paulino Uzcudun, Argentine Arturo Godly, Italian Primo Carnera, British Tommy Farr, and Cuban Omelio Agramonte.

bandeedo likes this.
  9. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Over 15 years, and I used to be a boxing geek so I’m well educated on almost every major fighter to ever have lived. I mean I really liked guys like Whitaker, Toney etc. But Lomachenko is like nothing I’ve ever seen before, before he turned pro I was telling everybody how complete this fighter was, how he would be pound for pound number one. And here it is, my opinion that he is the most complete fighter ever has remained stable for 10 years now, since I was blown away by this boxing phenom at the Beijing Olympics.

Rock0052 likes this.
  10. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I was actually very impressed by his survival game. He kept distance well and whenever Loma landed a clean punch he would move a lot more, he feinted constantly and used his length. I thought it was almost a perfect fight by Pedraza, and he still got almost completely shut out.

11. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Alejandro Rochin is that you?!:lol:
    What atrocious scorecards!:lol:

CST80 likes this.
  12. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Brand new allias just to respond to me ehh. :lol:

13. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    The number of elite level boxers on the world stage today is Vastly more than in those past eras. Nowadays the global infrastructure in boxing has exceeded Or equaled that of the United States, which is why now you see many more elite level talent from different countries, back in the day there were just anomalies. No one is denying there were foreign champions in the past, but now there are more because the United States isnt the only country that sends a portion of their population in to boxing.

CST80 and titanic like this.
  14. BVA

Dec 12, 2018
    54 of Joe Louis' 69 opponents were American. That's 80%. Hardly international!

How many fighters from Soviet Union countries did Joe Louis face? ZERO!

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  15. BVA

Dec 12, 2018
    @The Ogdoad aka @The Akbar One It's been a tough few weeks for you with Wilder getting schooled by Fury , Stevenson getting put in hospital by Gvozdyk, , Loma winning almost every round in his latest fight, Usyk impressing everyone, Dogboe being given the pizza face with a total ass whooping,
    I suggest you take a break from boxing, think of your health son.

Or else what you gonna do - make a 3rd or 4th alt to talk in every thread at the same time :lol: