Eubank JnR IFL

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, Dec 23, 2016.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Anybody watched it? Seems to me his old man is making a right mug of the lad to be honest.

He needs to get a real promoter/manager

2. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I enjoyed the interview and thought it gave us a rare glimpse into Eubank Jr without his dad peering over his shoulders (Even though he in fact was as you can see from another interview later in the day).

What's interesting about this is that IFL released another interview today with Frank Warren as a follow up to this interview with Jr where Frank basically calls Jr's bluff

This content is protected

Kugan also states that he did an interview with Eubank Sr after he spoke with Jr, and that will be released on Xmas day.

Interesting stuff.

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    The problem is imo JNR believes everything his dad says and why shouldnt he? Cant help but think is Dad isnt 100% truthul about the negotiations as i have from very good sources it was SNR and his Mrs who ****ed it all up with regards to the GGG fight.

The question is what is actually getting filtired down to JNR?

4. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Junior is just as deluded as his old man unfortunately. He was talking complete and utter shite in that interview. It's such a shame he's so stupid because he could genuinely be a huge name in this country like Joshua.

DannyBhoy and Brixton Bomber like this.
  5. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Kettle black..........

6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Not seen the eubank junior interview yet. But watching the frank warren interview the now. Honestly best thing i watch nowadays one of frank warrens long winded rants. Gets so upset about things. No idea how kugan keeps a straight face.

7. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    That Frank video is a thing of beauty...

8. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    CEJ is so right when he says " everyone in boxing knows how slippery FW is".....im guessing FW just doesn't like being described like that to the general public hence he gets all red faced and legal. I just love it when people stand up to him!!

9. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    Eubank wants the best for his son and I respect that but it seems to me as if it's a case of, you've got to lean to walk before you can run. Im not saying he should take a step back but he needs to let his son stand on his own 2 feet and make his own mistakes. In the past 12 months he's split from a highly respected coach in Adam booth and the top 2 promoters in the country won't touch him.

10. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I like the lad. And his old man is looking out for his best interest and trying to set a president.

However it's wishful thinking on snr part and he will never get his own way as promotors are the powerhouses of boxing. Without them nothing happens

However Frank is a real snake an ex world champ of his a mate of mine he let fight while in a contract and then sued him basically taking all his life savings. Thus going into retirement into obscurity. It's people like FW that are paracitic and vulture like

11. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I still can't believe he wanted mcguigan to be on the commentary team. Too funny.

12. box_uk_analyst

box_uk_analyst New Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Franks just angry because his first ppv event will come off the back of possible 4 other ppvs in the first half of the year. Eubank, joshua , bellew , probably Eubanks again in may, with billy joe vs canelo on may 6 th

13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I mentioned this on another thread (the Eubank PPV thread) where I questioned whether senior had perhaps avoided some of the best fighters around in his time and notched up his record against puddings and that he was now doing the same thing with his son. Interesting that Frank himself referenced it and said 'history is repeating itself'.

It's gutting, cos I think Junior is so entertaining and could put on a great show against world class opposition...but it will never happen.

destruction likes this.
  14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    CEJ needs to get out from behind his father's coattails and become his own man.

His career will go nowhere unless he steps it up and tells his old man to back off and let him do it his way.

You dont fight 9-1 Bumzinskys at this stage unless you are being badly advised and he will be making peanuts from it.

Twentyman likes this.
  15. big_daddy

big_daddy Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2013
    problem is he is hardly in a position of strength to call others out on their conduct and behaviour is he?