Eubank jnr tv

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by mgmvegas, Jan 21, 2017.

1. mgmvegas

mgmvegas Active Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2009
    How do you get itv box office on virgin ? I assume the fight is only being shown on box office

2. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    30th Jan I think.. like a proper channel to unscramble for the night.. ITV Box Office I guess..

3. Optimus Dime

Sep 10, 2015
    I just sifted and that's what it says..

4. truthtalk

truthtalk New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Anyone watching big fight night on itv4 now

5. Optimus Dime

Sep 10, 2015
    Without Sky/Virgin/Youview and all that.. is the old Smart TV..

Boxnation is even possible on Roku I think.. so maybe in the future with ITV too..

6. alfonso

alfonso Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Im watching - but had no idea it was on just skipping channels and found it. Got a few facts wrong already Geale knocking out Barker?

nickpoppunk likes this.
  7. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The whole Eubank undercard will be on ITV Box Office it seems.

8. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I am. Been waiting for it, feels like so long since I last watched boxing. Arnfield fight should be decent as their first was close and Arnfield is feather fisted so should go the distance. See how Hall lasts the 12.

9. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Thought so, is that what they said?

Why would anybody think any different, ITV would want to make a profit.

The advertising seemed to be appalling though and hard to get a straight answer.

I assume a lot less would have paid if the undercard was free

10. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    To be fair to ITV they seem to be upping the presentation of the boxing- tale of the tape style head to heads and a new colour scheme.

When Price/Hammer was previewed it had the ITV Box Office header over it like the Eubank fight so it'll all be on Box Office.

I have no issue with British level fights being on ITV4 on a Saturday night, especially if they are competitive.

nickpoppunk likes this.
  11. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    If you go on the ITV Box Office website it shows you what fights will be on the PPV broadcast, Eubank, Price, Galahad and Etches v Ryder. ITV 4 will have earlier prelims.

I Shot JR likes this.
  12. Kokiri

Kokiri Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Bit disapointing that the whole card is on PPV but it makes business sense that it is. I wouldn't drop a sheckel on that dross anyway so I'm sure I'll live.

13. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I am sure you are not the only one disappointed, and that just goes to show there was interest in the event!

People talking like its the biggest rip off out, that is just beyond a joke

For 9.95 do you expect to get the same value as paying 16.95 for a matchroom card?

It would be nice, but its still a low budget show so what do you really expect?

I am sure in time you will get a better show from ITV once more fighters buy in to it but then you will be paying 16.95!!!!

14. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Even if you're not a fan of the Eubank fight or the PPV element, you can't describe the card as dross.

15. Kokiri

Kokiri Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Yes I'm interested in the event. Perhaps the term dross was a bit harsh. But I shouldn't be asked to pay for every card that I have a bit of interest in. It sets a pretty bad precident if cards of this standard are considered PPV worthy.

I think that people have almost been desensitized to PPV to such an extent that the bar for what is considered PPV quality is dropping lower and lower. Why should we be asked to pay for this card? In what other sport would fleecing the fans to this extent be acceptable?

But of course people are free to do what they want with their money.

PaddyGarcia likes this.