Eubank jnr tv

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by mgmvegas, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Kokiri

Kokiri Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Yep I concede that the description of the event is a bit harsh. But when I'm being charged to watch a card I expect a better card than this. As a PPV event I consider this dross (as are a lot of matchroom PPV's).

2. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    You can't compare Boxing to other sports, boxers don't fight frequently so they have to find other ways of making revenue

Matchroom is on sky? Sky isn't free tv anyway so even for non PPV events you are still paying!

ITV is free tv so you will get a few fights for free!

9.95-12.95 is a fair bit cheaper than 16.95, tbh the card is much better than anyone expected considering many fighters are tied to matchroom and boxnation!

3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Lets get this right its a **** card. Every one of them fighters should feel privelaged to fight on itv. Not one of them deserves to earn ppv money.
    Comes down to if you think its value for money or not. Personally for me its a definite no. I d struggle to watch it all on itv without ppv in all honesty if there was something else decent on.

Massive own goal from eubank junior for me. Who i actually rate higher than most. But just gonna alienate people from him even further with this. Totally dumbfounded by what their trying to do with him atm.

Get him on their for free. Give him some positive marketing. Give him the right opponents to look good against. I guarantee they d be litterally hundreds of thousands of people not only buying but believing he ll beat ggg in a couple of years time on ppv. Cash out with millions. Instead about 10,000 will watch this. Everyone turns against him. Golvokin v eubank junior wont sell well if they did fight. Whats the point. Itv have got to be having a laugh with this. Its pretty much ludicrous even for about 3.99.

Should be privelaged to get an outing on itv in front of millions. Boxers nowadays are in danger of ruining boxing with their greed. We all talk about promoters but boxers are playing probably a bigger part in taking advantage of fans atm. People dont mind paying...but the sports full of these get rich quick guys.

No one begrudged guys like hatton. Froch. Even calzaghe. Naz. Even haye in the beginning getting ppv. Because they kind of had challenges of some kind. They proved themselves first. We re the top prospects around. Now its just all about who can get the most money at our expense. David price shouldnt be anywhere near ppv.

Jurgen and Kokiri like this.
  4. Kokiri

Kokiri Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    I dont pay for sky just to watch boxing so its not really the same as directly buying a PPV. If you dont mind being charged to watch every decent card on TV then thats fine. Its your money. But I think its not okay and it is damaging to the sport in the long run.

PaddyGarcia and Jobless Jarman like this.
  5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Couldn't give a bollocks about any fight on the card so I certainly won't be buying it. Pretending the IBO belt is legit is pathetic.

Kokiri likes this.
  6. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Does anyone know if you can purchase the event if you have BT tv? On their website they talk about buying the event for Sky & Virgin customers but don't say anything about BT?...

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Makes more sense to me to have had this card free to air and then look at a PPV one in the future. The card is decent sans main event but I think the fact the price has been dropped from the original price has made it feel more reasonable than it really is. You're still being asked to pay for a main event where the odds are like 1/100 on one guy...

Kokiri likes this.
  8. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    The fact that you have to pay anything to watch this is a disgrace. Rememeber, not too long ago when ITV had Calzaghe's real world title fights, Khan's start out hype and good competitive domestic fights for free.

This is 100x worse than anything Matchroom have done. What on Earth makes Eubank a Ppv fighter, he's lost against the only proper opponent he's had and this one can't be commanding astronomical wages. It's not like the undercard is heaped full of big names either.

This is a huge con.

9. Stuarty

Stuarty Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2013
    This is a joke PPV is becoming overused over here.
    This bout is not PPV worthy

Here's Johnny likes this.