Eubank jnr

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, Mar 24, 2017.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    No fight lined up and is calling out Bellew in twitter! His dad really ****ed his career up big time.

He was better off independent so he could move from promoter to promyer depending on the fight.

S.K likes this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I've seen the exchange, Bellew made comments about him first. Eubank entitled to fire back. Bellew talking **** about other people being fake world champions when he won a vacant belt and defended it against an awful opponent.

S.K and KurtisJG like this.
  3. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    yeah i agree if Eubank was just giving him a bit of stick, but Eubank is being serious, in his latest tweet he's claimed Bellew is running from him. He's a laughing stock and has no intention of being in meaningful fights

4. The Nightfly

The Nightfly Tonight the night is mine Full Member

Mar 2, 2016
    At least Bellew has fought a few that can bang and beaten them, who has jr fought?

Bensub likes this.
  5. JannyG

JannyG Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Pathetic exchange lol, Bellew is annoying but poor from Eubank too

Eubank been very quiet lately, no interviews on ifl etc. I am assuming something is up with ITV PPV as his next fight was supposed to be April.

Needs to fight often to gain momentum

6. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Funny how boxers rarely talk about how often being a 'world' champion means relatively little (Bellew a prime case in point), but they're queuing up to slate the IBO as being fake.

7. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    The Eubanks have worked themselves into a very strange situation now. Between the ITV relationship and the IBO cereal box belt, I don't really know who Jr could fight. They will want someone who is somewhat credible for their 'world title' defence, but not someone who poses a real threat.

What Jr should be doing is fighting eliminators for a 'real' world title. But they can't do that after all the talk about the IBO and how embarrassing he has been with the belt. Sr will want to keep the pantomime going with the DeGale 'rivalry', while keeping the money rolling in. It's a tightrope and I can't wait to see who they manage to find as an opponent.

Montezuma likes this.
  8. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Would like to see CEJ v Andy Lee at 160lbs, throw Adam Booth in the mix nice little fight that, but then again Andy Lee has a pulse.

impacted and CutThroatFade like this.
  9. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Eubank Jnr is desperate. He calls out any and everyone rather than working towards the mandatory position.

His career is becoming a joke

impacted likes this.
  10. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Jnr himself is a joke

His career his a joke

Snr conducts himself like a complete idiot these days and the pair of them are going nowhere

11. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    makabu was a dangerous fighter though.

lewis gassed likes this.
  12. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Not denying that. But remember, he'd been chinned in round 1 before. Hasn't had a fight since. Best win on his record was Mchunu and I think Mchunu is overrated too, a small Cruiserweight.

IBO is a joke belt but Quinlan wasn't THAT bad. Eubank needs to step it up but I'm not sure why Bellew made those comments about Eubank, probably because he's pals with Degale.

13. JannyG

JannyG Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Thing is the ITV move was a good move and still is if they get the right fights. I don't even have an issue with the IBO belt

I think the Eubanks are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Like you said now they have this belt and the way they have hyped it, they can't just drop it or do rubbish defences. At this moment in time we don't even know which division he will fight in next, yet he seems keen to fight Saunders or Golovkin.

It's one or the other (middleweight or super mid) either route will cause a bit of confusion as it contradicts what has been said before.

14. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    And a rocket of a right hand....if he could handle the volume of eubank he'd spark him out

15. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    ITV have lumped themselves with a very expensive, chronic problem in going along with the Eubanks. I imagine Junior is guaranteed a minimum purse nobody else would entertain, and by now it's clear they have no intention of taking anything that could be considered a competitive, let alone dangerous fight.

How long they can pay Twitter's biggest troll extortionate purses for public sparring sessions is anyone's guess. Hard to feel sorry for a channel who immediately tried to milk what they considered morons with more spare money than sense though. I wouldn't miss either ITV or the Eubank comedy act.