Eubank Jr chin And fightIng heart ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by STEPHEN1990, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    If he’s not a super middle why is he fighting in the division? Presumably because it’s the path of least resistance?

He’s not a coward but he doesn’t believe he beats the best at middle clearly.

As for Froch, he talks rubbish with regards to Groves. Any supermiddle gets hit with that shot while not seeing it coming then it’s lights out...the issue is a top class fighter wouldn’t make the mistake in the first place. If Groves can nearly knock out Froch then I don’t see why he can’t do the same to Eubank Jr.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Eubank Jn has been carefully guided up until this tournament. Fair play to him for backing himself by entering it. I admire his dedication and his self belief. I believe he would carry on even if he popped a shoulder or went blind in one eye or whatever. He’s incredibly tough so i’m fine with him playing on the warrior thing.
    He’s undoubtedly played on this idea he’s inherited his dads chin. Which is also fair enough, it plants a seed of doubt into the opponents head (like GGG does) that they can’t be stopped. He’s took some really big shots right on the sweet spot from Spike, Chudinov etc and carried on seemingly unaffected, so he’s backed it up.

In general though, not just with Junior. I don’t believe that someone can’t be knocked out. Biology says you can. If he (or anyone) took a big shot it would be lights out. This is more likely to happen against a bigger, stronger opponent.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  3. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    His chin and heart are 2 of his top 3 attributes and that is the problem.

4. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Your last point is another reason why I see Groves winning, probably by stoppage. I honestly think his power is a bit underrated on here. Murray said he hits harder than Golovkin and he has no reason to lie. Nobody has knocked Froch down that heavily either and whatever you think of Froch his chin was unbelievable. Eubank will be lucky to have a chin like that. This and a far superior set of boxing skills this is why Groves will win.
    Eubank may well turn out to have a world class chin but as of yet it's unproven. Like you say it's only when a big punching heavier super middle like Groves lands a bomb people will find out. Until then it's all speculation.

Twentyman likes this.
  5. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I believe that Murray took more punishment in that Groves fight than he did with GGG. I know he went down a couple of times against GGG but he fight on the front foot and that was a culture shock in terms of levels for Martin. There were less shots from Groves but they were very heavy. Look what Groves did to poor Gutknecht...

6. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    probably basing it on his old man, and jr does seem very proud. but well see when starts getting hit with big right hands for grovesy.

7. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    And murrey has better fundamentals and is better defensive then Eubank so Eubank will be taking big shots strong jabs from the bell that why I see him getting hurt and Jr might try and fight alot like sr but that it he tries sr was a completely better fight

8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I think Murray is a conservative fighter, throws few shots for fear of getting caught. It’s cost him at world level unfortunately. Eubank is an offensive, swarmer kind of fighter who needs to be in the pocket to do his best work. So he cops more shots as a result. So i think it’s down to styles and attitude rather than Murray being better defensively.

Eubank will be a much bigger test of Groves than Murray was.

9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Is it possible to make a bet with the bookies that Jr will not be stopped in the fight? I would bet good money on that outcome just to really rubber stamp my belief that this kunt is packing pure steel in that chin and will
    walk through Groves punches.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I disagree. Don't think Murray has better fundamentals then Eubank. Murray is the archetypal limited fighter who gets by on heart and chin. Eubank has a better jab (look at the way he doubles that jab up against Avni, beautiful), better head movement and better footwork.

Murray, as 20man pointed out, hardly throws shots and that's why his defence might seem better than Eubank's. It's easy to defend when you don't throw. Eubank's defence is his offence. When you throw the volume of punches he throws and the speed he throws him, there's not so great a need to defend.

He will physically merk George Groves.

11. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Lay groves KO/TKO on betfair exchange...

12. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    [url]https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/george-groves-v-chris-eubank-jr/will-fight-go-the-distance[/url]

That’s just the distance. Some Bookies have him priced up as 1/2 favourite. Madness!

13. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    "Completely outboxed him". Have you even watched the fight?

14. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    have you? completely outboxed him. Eubnk may have outfought him for 4/5 rounds but he was outboxed for the rest

15. CasualFan

CasualFan Active Member Full Member

Oct 23, 2013
    You're holding that fish all wrong :-D

Bensub likes this.