Eubank JR Is Disputing Liam Smith's TKO Win

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Townsend, Jan 26, 2023.

1. The Townsend

The Townsend Zeus. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Eubank is being Eubank, the pathetic whiny little *****, he's always been. Mercifully, no one will listen and this will go nowhere.

3. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    This is why I held judgement when he congratulated Liam Smith on the win. It didn’t feel genuine. How do you say he won fair and square then the next day try to get the fight result overturned??

CST80 likes this.
  4. lone star

lone star Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Maybe seniors involved in some way.

5. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I can see why he's doing that. Smith clearly landed an elbow on Eubank in the corner and it wasn't because Eubanks head was moving down, the arm/elbow of Smith was turning in and to me it looked intentional to be honest. If you hit your opponent with an non intentional elbow usually the fist/glove slips off the target and you land that elbow afterwards. But Smith' gloves weren't slipping off Eubanks head, the punch/glove wasn't even really targeting the head and the elbow landed first AND clean. It looked nasty. Everyone out there who took a clean elbow to the head in the gym knows how bad that stuff is. BUT...Eubank was already hurt when that happened, Smith was unloading. It looked intentional but it's impossible to say if it truly was. I don't see a reason why the result should be changed or overturned. It was a legit win for Smith. Eubank sucks. He's just a **** boxer.

Finkel likes this.
  6. Johnny1987

Johnny1987 Active Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Not a fan of either, but seeing the replay now it is clearly an elbow to the temple which rocked Eubank. The uppercut and left hook followed, so entirely unfair whether it was intentional or not.

Would be very difficult for a referee to spot that, unless they were perfectly positioned which in fairness is part of their job. You could then argue it’s poor from the referee also.

The result will stand and a rematch seems the best way to go about it, if you are prizefighter why would you want a result overturned when you can get paid for a rematch? Doesn’t make much sense. If he truly believes the elbow was the reason, then get paid for a rematch and win. Then get paid again for a trilogy fight and retire

Olu G. Rotimi and Finkel like this.
  7. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Eubank Jr is one of the worst sore losers I have seen.

He didn’t accept he lost to BJS and he didn’t even accept he lost to Groves. The man never accepts his losses like a man.

Groves dropped him twice and the referee called it a slip twice. He only has success against Groves when he had to fight with one arm in the last round. Yet still afterwards he is pretending it was a close fight and should have got a UD.

Smith completely outclasses him and he blames it on a lucky punch and now we have this elbow excuse.

Jackomano and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  8. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Except Eubank kept saying after the fight that he was caught with a good shot.

mark ant and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    A generation of men who can't accept defeat and say "I lost" and congratulate their opponent or just not fight worthy opponents blank point period.

They need to be sent to the gas chambers to be honest.

One more round and mark ant like this.
  10. Sheikh

Sheikh Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2007
    The elbow doesn't matter if it was an accident and in the motion of a punch. It happens

chacal, roeknott and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  11. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton When you have to shoot, shoot!, don't talk...... Full Member

Dec 24, 2022
    Typical post reaction from the entitled spoilt Brighton brat.

I'm still smiling now at his funny dance....luvved it

He got his arse Scouser-fied. Deal with it sunbeam!

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Hes pulling a Trump

ArseBandit likes this.
  13. Glovedup

Glovedup New Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2023
    Well shall we just go back and rewrite the history of every fight where an elbow has landed at some point in it? If it's not intentional I don't see any big deal when arms are flying everywhere ... these things happen ... it's when it's intentional like Andre f****** Ward

14. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Sr`s lost his marbles.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  15. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Come on! The first right hand hurt him, the shot that finished him was the left uppercut, you could see the lights go out when that landed, it was a fantastic finish.

Perkin Warbeck and Arch Stanton like this.