Eubank Jr v Degale

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tee_birch, May 22, 2017.

1. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    World boxing Super Series?

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Jack did rough him up and I felt that he edged that but let's not forget that Jack is a world class, pressure fighter (who's just stepped up to light heavy). Degale put him on his backside early on. He'd have no trouble with a smaller version in Eubank Jn.

N17 and yesihavearm2 like this.
  3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    DeGale would make Jr look bang average, there are levels, DeGale is no Quinlan.

4. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I think eubank jr gives him plenty of problems, degale has loads of ability but he isn't hard to hit and will definitely gas down the stretch. Did you not see the podger medina fight, the podger was all over him it was pretty embarrassing stuff from degale.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    If Groves wins Saturday is there the possibility because both are working with Hearn that he will want to make DeGale Vs Groves II?

A reasonably big unification all British PPV event.

6. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Jr is a bigger build I reckon, (even in that twitter pic you can see) Degale is a bit skinnier but he does have a slight height and reach advantage, so its pretty even.

No real size difference either way IMO

7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I disagree with a lot of you guys, I don't think Degale could cope with Eubank's output. Don't think he can keep Degale off and that's based on Chunky's last four fights. Degale's power won't affect Eubank Jr IMO. Would go the distance and IMO Eubank Jr would outland Degale over 12.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happens because there's been no word from either on their next move for a while now.

lawslaw likes this.
  8. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    No doubt if Groves win then we will get Degale v Groves 2. It's the biggest fight for both guys.

N17 likes this.
  9. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    I hear this a lot on boxing pages etc but on social media I get the feeling Jr vs either one would draw better numbers?

Froch was the real draw when he fought Groves and you can add the controversy in the 1st fight which created the excitement for the rematch? I might be wrong but I think Jr would pull more numbers than either of them if they had the same match ups?

10. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Yeah cos that ITV ppv Eubank had was a raging success lol

Groves had just as much to do with the wembley fight as froch.

11. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Lets be honest ITV and Sky are not comparable, the method of purchasing the fights and all of that rigmarole makes a huge difference!

Still it sounds like they could have done 80k buys+ which is pretty decent considering the opponent.

I do agree that Groves played a huge part in it being a success but that was down to his performance in the 1st fight! The 2nd fight and his subsequent loss has had a big effect on his drawing appeal don't you think, add in a very boring and at times vulnerable looking decision against Murray?

Groves hasn't even headlined a PPV since Froch any way?

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  12. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    If the fight was today and had no build up I'd agree. But if Groves wins it's too easy to market and lure the whole country in, I reckon it'd be massive. They've already fought out a controversial split decision, knew each other since kids and fought as amateurs, have genuine dislike for each other, from the same city, both world champions. It's a promoters dream and would get casuals who haven't even seen the first fight pretending they know everything when anyone with a brain knows they haven't got a clue. This is when you know a fight is going mainstream and will do massive numbers.

Personally I hope it happens, I have since 2011.

As for Eubank Degale I reckon Degale would be too good for him. People say he takes time off in fights and is worried about his tank, but Eubank is just as if not more guilty of this. I'd say Degale UD.

13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Eubank Jn was talking about having a good breakfast on the day of the weigh-in for the fight with Quinlan, which says a lot really. Physically, he looked like a fighter who had stepped up in weight in that fight.

In time, Degale will more than likely step up to light heavy, so there is a difference in size.

14. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    i thought callum smith was gonna fight degale with winner taking on groves if he wins his belt!

Hearn loves the ££££££££££££ big domestics....CEJ has nowhere to go

15. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Degale has been talking about fighting GGG @ 160?
    I don't think he ever moves up because he can't make weight, he would only move up to challenge himself because he cleaned out 168 or if he starts getting whooped @ 168.

Jr couldn't even have breaky when making 160, just water apparently!, but he had a little food and made 168 but I don't think he was having a 4 course meal?

Jr @ 167.25

This content is protected

Jr @ 160

This content is protected

Not much difference tbh, and Renold Quinlan is a very big 168lber! He's a tank

Last edited: May 23, 2017