Eubank Jr v Liam Williams

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jan 13, 2021.

1. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    If he fights a decent fighter I'll give him credit. He'll try for Murata imo.

2. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    If this gets made, it's a genuine pick 'em fight. Eubank makes up for his technical flaws by being in phenomenal condition and his genuine appetite to fight.
    Williams is a thoroughly well schooled Fighter. Like so many Valleys boys, Liam was almost in the gym from when he could hold his hands up. From what I've seen, Liam is a very good on top Fighter but the manner of his defeat in the first Smith fight does linger a bit. He may, of course, just been tight at 11 Stone and his tank a bit shallow as a result.
    As long as Liam can get in and out, use the angles and pick his shots and combinations, he could make Eubank look silly but if Jr.'s fitness and heart make it punch for punch then I think he outworks and discourages Williams to take a comfortable decision or late stoppage.

Patter983 likes this.
  3. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    You have to give Williams a chance, at least we've seen him make adjustments and go up to a more suitable weight since his defeats, it's not like fighters haven't come back from defeats earlier in their careers and go on to have some success, it's not like Williams is 31 and consistently inactive either.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  4. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I might be stating the obvious here but there is no way Golovkin vs Eubank Jr would happen now, Eubank knows it and is just mentioning his name to try and get some hype going as he has been out of the ring for a long time, and has been on the shelf so to speak.

Golovkin is an ATG at the end of the road, 1 maybe 2 big fights left in him, he has earned more in 1 night than Eubank Jr. will in his entire career, he's 39 this year, no way will he be interested in this fight against a largely irrelevant fighter just trading on his fathers name who has never really done much at top level.

That's my take on it anyway, he has not much to gain and it will hold no appeal to him.

I think Eubank will look for an easy warm up fight or two (which is NOT Williams) and will then try to get a soft touch for a vacant belt, milk the belt for as long as he can and then cash out in 2022/2023 by which time Golovkin will be retired.

Usercom and kojak like this.
  5. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    There are not many fights out there where GGG would make more money?
    Why would he fight Szeremeta?

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Brook needs to relax. He was brutalised by a Crawford jab at 147. Eubank would deliver a scary KO against Brook.

7. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Williams beats him, more comfortably than people would expect

8. cornwall22

cornwall22 Active Member Full Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Williams on the Ingle good stuff has been a monster up to world level, I'd favour him on this form vs Eubank. Some scrap it would be though, both would throw heavy and the press conferences would be class too.

kojak likes this.
  9. Bushwacka

Bushwacka All PED cheats should be banned for LIFE Full Member

Dec 29, 2020
    Williams gives him a one sided beatdown

EJC83 likes this.
  10. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Looks like Williams is more than likely going to get his shot next against Booboo.
    Good for him, Booboo is a top notch fighter.

If Williams wins it will be a hell of an upset IMO. But will also prove he is a very good fighter @ 160 too.

Christopher better get a fight signed ASAP, will be running out of opponents quickly

Scissors, kojak and EJC83 like this.
  11. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    I came across thst last night , where does Brook get the info from Eubank about smacking him about a bit ? Had a look on Eubanks Twitter couldn’t see anything .

Eubank would destroy him

12. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    GGG got guaranteed big money over a six fight deal. Think he has 4 or so fights still left on it. Would hope he would retire after them.

kojak and Patter983 like this.
  13. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    To much risk not enough reward for this fight to happen for Eubank for me . Surely it’s only mega fights for big money where there is a fair chance he gets beat or keep busy fights against a known name who doesn’t really have much chance of winning !!

Williams has a great chance of beating Eubank as we can see my the opinions in this thread, Eubank gets beat of Williams what then ? He’s ****ef!!!

I can see Eubank having a couple of keep busy not much threat fights in the next 6-8 months then trying to secure a big fight for big money !! Williams doesn’t fit into any of them plans for me.

kojak likes this.
  14. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    How certain us Williams v boo boo?

15. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Hearn basically said Booboo can't wait on the BJS fight because the WBO have ordered him to face Williams.

Purse bids are soon. BJS won't sign to fight Booboo while Canelo is a possibility.

Unless Booboo wants to vacate he will have to fight Williams. I suppose the only other thing that could stop this is Williams turning the fight down and I can't see that happening.

Scissors, kojak and lencoreastside like this.