Eubank Jr vs C Smith, Groves, Degale . How does he do?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Mekar, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Mekar

Mekar New Member banned Full Member

Feb 18, 2017
    I think Callum Smith and Groves both beat him quite easily

But I think he'd outwork the overrated Degale to a close decision

S.K likes this.
  2. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    Going off his last fight he ain't a genuine super middleweight, groves stops him, degale and Smith win on points

3. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I think he actually out works groves, and possibly stops him.

Degale i think will decision him.

Smith will be close, possibly a draw.

4. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Degale takes him to school - he wont be bothered by eubanks power or athletic but off balance foot work and Eubank likes a rest which would suit Degale as well. Could see Chunky putting him over with a sneaky left hand.

Smith is like Eubank unproven but CEJ's style could be something hes not faced. 50/50 fight.

Groves the bigger hitter but it hasnt really worked out for him at the top showed against Murray still has a bit in the tank. Id mkae Groves faviourte and if he can impose himself he might the KO

Gneus7 likes this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    [url]https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/would-eubank-fancy-smith-or-groves.581159/[/url]

Eubank is not a SM. He'd be a decent domestic fighter/gatekeeper at SM but nothing more.

thornpipe likes this.
  6. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I don't rate Callum Smith at all so not sure he is winning, I think DeGale completely destroys Eubank Jr. I'm not sure with Groves, his skills are much better but has chin/stamina issues and some sort of mental block to winning. You never know.

7. PrinceNaseemHamed

PrinceNaseemHamed Walk Like A Champion Full Member

Feb 19, 2017
    DeGale schools Eubank Jr and Smith and Groves stop him, his chin is there to be hit

8. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    He could out work bjs, never mind getting near Degale. Think smith and groves both stop him.

9. Mekar

Mekar New Member banned Full Member

Feb 18, 2017
    BJS is a bit better than Degale

10. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I'm not on the Eubank Jr bandwagon, but he's giving all 3 names listed something to think about... no way are any of those 3 'destroying' him.

Smith hasn't boxed at a higher level than Junior has at this stage and Groves/Degale have both shown tendencies to 'slow down' in fights... although I do think its exaggerated with Groves, he's a pasty white ginger kid that reddens up easy and in the Rebrasse fight for example he threw around 1000 punches. The sheer fitness and volume punching of Eubank Jr stands him in good stead.

I know that "sparring is sparring" but remember in the lead up to Groves / Degale before Jr had even turned pro, there was a brief clip showing Groves slumped on a chair after a sparring session with Eubank with the voice over insinuating it hadn't gone all too plan.... make of that what you will. Adam Booth has also advised that Eubank more than held his own.

Then there's the Eubank Degale sparring from a few years back which has fanned the flames for the jibes they've been throwing at each other more recently. Eubank making out he 'schooled' Degale and Chunky kicked him and the old man out the gym....

11. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Degale is the bigger man.

12. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Hope he can escape his father shadow and fulfill his immense potential.
    [url]http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/chris-eubank-jr-next-fight[/url]

13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Really?? Eubank Jn has fought one decent fighter in BJS and we're not all 100% certain what level he is at yet. I'd argue that they've fought at very similar levels.

14. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Overrated bum Eubank loses them all.

Bensub likes this.
  15. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The only reason Eubank Jr finished strong against BJS was because BJS took him lightly and barley trained. But up until those later rounds BJS was schooling Jr with ease and if he was fully fit would have probably won every round. Jr is not a world class fighter.

Two Shakes likes this.