Eubank Jr vs C Smith, Groves, Degale . How does he do?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Mekar, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    That's what I'm getting at, Smith hasn't boxed at a higher level than Jr... I agree, to date they've both fought at a similar level.

Jr's first step up a few years back against BJS, he started slow but came steaming back into the fight giving a good account of himself against a now world champion. Blackwell and Chudinov both European level and wins over Spike & Doran who are both solid domestic level opponents.

The stand-outs for Smith being Mohoumadi, Sjekloka, Fielding & Rebrasse - all of whom you'd look to rate as European level opposition. Flattening Mouhomadi and Fielding being the eye catching performances, but he dealt with Rebrasse very well also.

toxedo911 and Twentyman like this.
  2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Ah, mis-read your post mate, apologies.

I rate Eubank Jn but with GGG getting on the wrong side of 30, he has an opportunity to be a genuine world champion at middleweight. I don't understand why at middleweight where he is a real threat, it's been like nailing down water trying to pin him down for a big fight, yet he steps up to SM where his strengths are limited and he's calling everyone out.

3. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    It is all a circus act. Coming out and saying he wants to take over both MW and SMW divisions. Stepping up to SMW was a money-spinner with ITV PPV in a winnable fight, meaning he can now call himself a 'world champion' which casual fans with no sense will lap up.

I see him heading back to MW, where like you say his strengths are more telling. Unless a big domestic fight with the likes of a Degale or Groves comes to the table.

At MW, he should want to write the wrong against BJS... but road blocks keep being put in place during negotiations. They turned away from Jacobs to defend the British title as apparently it was an ambition to win outright as it was something the old man didn't do.... except they then dropped the belt by not fighting Langford which sums that up as a load of BS..... then the pen went missing for GGG.

They need to get serious. Instead of talking about big names, sign on the dotted line.

4. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    Their not interested in big fights the Jacobs and GGG situations proved that he even vacated so he didn't have to fight Langford. Furey has it spot on above, it's an act. I don't think they will fight anyone significant any time soon.

Twentyman likes this.
  5. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I say he loses vs all 3 . hes really not that good.

Bensub likes this.
  6. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Smith and Groves give him a massive hiding and knock him out. I think Degale would outbox him and make him look silly at times, but he's the one I'd give Eubank a chance of winning some rounds against.

7. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    The only discernible advantage Junior has over any of them is punch volume. The huge, huge question over Junior is his chin. If he has inherited his old man's chin, I could see him wearing down a lot of top level fighters. If he can absorb punches from these SMs and keep up his work-rate, he could potentially beat all of them. It's pretty much what Senior is claiming.

On the flip-side, if these guys are able to hurt him and slow him down, then I can't make a case for him.

I would love to see any of these fights. My concern is that Senior is currently scouring the globe looking for more Renold Quinlans.

8. kasabian19

kasabian19 Active Member Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I honestly reckon his chin is/will be proven to be world class and therefore he'll give anyone a tough night.