Eubank senior gets a bad rep but has anyone met him?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Blue Manc, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Blue Manc

Blue Manc Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2018
    I lived in Brighton about 12 years ago he came into a little bar in Hove and bought everyone a drink. I went up to thank him and asked about the Collins fight and he openly admitted to being completely out psyched by him. He said I was beaten before I got in the ring. He was really open and engaging. Changed my view of him completely

armour, Jamzy ⭐, Twentyman and 9 others like this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Did you teach him any moves?

SambaKing1993 and Smudge_ like this.
  3. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    I was a fan of Eubank as a kid. When everyone seemed to hate him, I thought he was great.

Nowadays it's too much for me. Pausing for half an hour mid conversation while he tries to think of a long word to replace the perfectly fine word he thought of first. I'm not sure if its just because I am older and more mature, or if he has got worse. Maybe a bit of both.

He was always honest about the Collins fights and why he lost though to his credit.

4. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    I think Eubanks a great character.

5. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    That`s what I find irritating about him, he got beat fair and square.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  6. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I agree with what you`re saying Eubank talks a pile of crap and I used to find him exciting, when I was a teenager, but he didn`t shake Collins hand after losing and told him to F-off after won of their bouts.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  7. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh hello someone has woke up and picked his keypad up. Some people actually live outside there mummy's bedroom

8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Dm me if you want a go. Happily drive half an hour down the road to smash your face in. What do you weigh?

themaster999, tdf1974 and mark ant like this.
  9. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    I don't remember that at all. Not disputing what you're saying, I just don't remember. If true however, obviously that is not acceptable behaviour. It's the respect and culture of the sport which is a big part of the appeal for me as a fan.

Since retiring though when asked about Collins, he always is respectful of his former foe. I believe he said that Collins outfoxed him.

10. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I don`t know if this off topic but I met Benn, Eubank`s arch rival in `89 and he was really charming,I also like his back story he told in an interview explaining why he was such an angry young man, it was due to his brother being killed by racists! He seems far more logical then Eubank who just likes the sound of his own voice, he reminds me of Ray Leonard, who just talks a load of rubbish about fighters, they asked him why he thought Garcia was going to beat Spence and all he said was 'because he`s Mikey Garcia'! what a stupid mindset.

Gatekeeper and DJN16 like this.
  11. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    Y
    forgive my computer illiteracy how do I DM you? Why you asking what I weigh?i am obviously bigger than what I was when I was fighting flyweights. You worried I might be not so small tough guy? My balls probably weigh more than you muppet. This is supposed to be somewhere where adults can talk and debate about our favourite sport. Go away think your mam has just called you down for your Sunday dinner

armour likes this.
  12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He did say that, but it was Collins who said Eubank swear at him when he tried to shake his hand after their match in an interview after their bout, having said that it was a grudge match, kind of like when former middleweight champ Alan Minter met fellow Brit Tony Sibson in the early `80`s and the some years later on a youtube vid Sibson poses with Minter at some venue then tries to shake his hand but Minter blanks him and carries on drinking his pint.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I think you need your balls checked out! :risas3:

Twentyman, Scissors and Blue Manc like this.
  14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    About 1995 I was at high school and me and some mates went to Leicester Square as they had a fun fair in town. I ended up going on a ride that went round and round in circles and when I got off I was violently sick and could hardly walk. My mates left me on a park bench in a sick heap. Not sure how long after but I woke up and attempted to walk to Piccadilly Circus station to get a train home. On the pissed sicky walk there a massive lorry pulled up outside the trocadero and out jumped Chris eubank and everyone was like ‘wow it’s chris eubank!’ Meanwhile I was too ill to care and still couldn’t walk straight I ended up shoulder barging Chris and tried to apologise but was too sick to care with my head still spinning around.

15. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    Not
    not off topic as those guys are linked together forever. Love benn but my point was if you actually meet senior he doesn't seem to come across like he does now with all his sherif nonsense

mark ant likes this.