Eubank Snr Comments...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BigCal94, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Sr. Thinks smith should step aside if he gets to the final and not fight Jr because he is too dangerous. Check this vid about 3 mins in...

This content is protected

2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Anyone who mocks his comments should just rewatch the Blackwell v Eubank press conference pre fight where Eubank genuinely predicts and forewarns what actually happened in the ring. He knows what he is talking about.

If it was Booth or McCracken who predicted Blackwell's fate like that, fans would be praising them non stop but because it's Eubank who most people hate they can't give him any credit at all.

lencoreastside likes this.
  3. YearZero

YearZero Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Didn't Blackwell make a pretty much complete recovery after the fight though? It was his near suicidal spar what did him in.

Birmingham likes this.
  4. Diggedag

Diggedag New Member Full Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Thanks for this. Funny those Eubanks. I actually liked this interview/speech, especially how he sees his relationship with his son. He's far more convincing than junior.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  5. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    And I think Snr should stop walking about thinking he is Walker Texas Ranger with that sheriff badge on !!

Suspect.chin likes this.
  6. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    why do people hate him tho, thats the question here. Guy makes his own bed he can lie in it.

And no way would Booth or McCracken say those types of things about another fighter, they have respect and are professional IMO

Suspect.chin likes this.
  7. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Eubank never said anything specifically about Blackwell as a fighter, he simply said the referee needed to pay extra attention to his condition in the ring because he foresaw that Eubank would be levels above. And he was totally spot on. Fight should have been stopped at least three rounds earlier by either the Gary Lockett or the ref.

pow, Diggedag and lencoreastside like this.
  8. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Well said. Correct.

9. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    He still uses Blackwell as ammunition to make points/score points over other fighters. Complete disrespect for his well being and as has said he has experience of this situation and how it effects families and friends around the victim. Boxing is an entertainment for fans and sport, its not about kill or be killed.

Im not saying he has committed any crime or broken any rules but it lacks class and respect two values he apparently holds very highly. Its comments that have been made after the incident where he has hindsight and knowledge of what happens but doesnt care and is happy to use it as a point scoring or even bragging exercise.

kojak, Suspect.chin and Howitzer1888 like this.
  10. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    It boils down to how you interpret his intentions.

Personally for me it's evident from the effect the Watson fight had on his actual in ring fighting style. After that incident Eubank visibly lost his killer instinct and actively waved for the referee to halt fights instead of knocking his opponents out.

When you bear that in mind it is crystal clear to me that he has good intentions when he speaks on this subject.

lencoreastside likes this.
  11. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    that may be how you percieve it but for me and many on here it would seem that is not how we/I see it.

Not saying anyone is wrong this is my view on it.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  12. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Its a coincidence mate, nothing more. A bit of hype that actually come true !

13. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    :):) he is completely mad. Convinces a lot of people though....Walker Texas Ranger pmsl

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I think eubanks right to say it tbh. It does come across as in bad taste. But its a good reminder to what could happen in a ring. For both eubank and groves. This could be a gruelling fight. Massive fight. Loads on the line. Both have damaged men in a ring. Both massively competetive. Its times like that people go above the call of duty. For me its a timely reminder to everyone involved....what can happen. For refs. Corners. Fighters. Fans. Etc. That the most important thing is they both come out without permanent injury. No ones saying you cant have a proper fight...but let's be precautionary. If its becoming clear your mans had enough....do your job. That fight could easily turn into a sapping affair need to be watchful especially if it does go later in the fight.

Becoming apparent that its accumulation thats more likely to cause damage. Both are accumulation punchers. Would be stupid for no one to mention it going in. I think its right someone does tbh.

lencoreastside and CutThroatFade like this.
  15. Wylie39

Wylie39 New Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2012
    I still don't see the need to make sure the ref knows to stop the fight if one fighter's getting damaged in there. Surely a professional ref knows as much? And, let's be fair, it's not as if British refs are known for letting fights go on too long...

YearZero likes this.