Eubank Sr says Wilder must jab, must keep Breland!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bulldog24, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Bitter that D'Amato took Mike's side.

2. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I never said Atlas made it all up. I'm just saying that Atlas' claim that he did all the training of Mike and D'Amato only poked his head in is dubious at best, especially given his bias towards Tyson.
    The truth is probably somewhere in the middle

Accurate likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Atlas loved Cus, why would he lie about his legacy, which is still undisputed because he discovered him and insisted that Atlas continue to train him despite his many reservations.

4. Naked Snake

Feb 25, 2020
    The man he loved threw him out on his ass and told him never to come back. There's probably some very complicated feelings there. On top of that he HATES Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson has become synonymous with boxing, along with Muhammad Ali. He wants people to know that, were it not for him, Mike Tyson wouldn't be anything.

5. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    The truth isn’t clear on whether he got thrown out the gym or left of his own accord. You’re right though, he’s not a fan of Tyson. I’m sticking to my main point though, Teddy trained the fundamentals into him. Tyson didn’t like Atlas getting him told and would run to Cus, who in turn would stick up for Tyson because he believed he would be a world champion.

All fascinating stuff.

6. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    He got thrown out the house.

7. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    For shooting at a child in the garden. Real big man there.

8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    You know don’t you mate. I heard you helped to write Tyson’s book.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Clarence Gianni likes this.
  9. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    These are known facts by all accounts.

Grow up.

10. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Wilder doesn't and never has had a jab and he's not going to suddenly get one now at 35.

11. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
  12. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    An 11 year old with three days training has a jab. Ridiculous post.

13. Naked Snake

Feb 25, 2020
    He does he just doesn't know how to use it. Wilder usually left jabs only to set up the big, showstopping, right hand. Which made him easy prey for Fury the second fight because his big right hand is badly telegraphed

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I cant see wilder ever being a boxer tbh. Just doesnt have the make up for it. If he did breland would have got it out him by now. What we,ve seen so far will be the best tactics for wilder i m betting. His tactics for me have been spot on tho...brelands actually done an exceptional job with him considering he doesnt have the looseness to be a boxer. He,d have got sparked out trying to box before now.

His big problem is he doesnt have the looseness for boxing and his tactics that he relies on are only really effective against shorter reached fighters. Or average slow big men.

His footwork is actually underrated tho. Its basic but he usually does the right thing. Until he came up against a bigger man that is. I still say there only chance barring a lucky punch is by stacking the weight on him and trying to get him used to fighting that way. Hes outmuscled by fury. Outboxed. Outreached. Overpowered. At that stage its time to take a massive gamble at heavyweight.

Needs to put on about 40 lb. Slow his boxing/speed down and try to keep the power. He has to try to match fury at something. They put weight on him but the big mistake was trying to fight the same way as when he was 210. Needs to learn how to fight like a big man for this one. Worked for lewis. Wlad and fury. Cant see why it cant work for wilder.

15. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    Put on 40lb of fat? Fat is dead weight and useless.

He's obviously not putting on even 4lb of muscle, not in a million years. Do you realise how hard that is to come by for a drug cycling bodybuilder?