Eubank v Benn undercard announced

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, Sep 22, 2022.

1. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Think the pub issue is massive. The Fanzo app tells me I have 11 pubs within 5km of my house showing Arsenal v Spurs, but there’s apparently only one pub in the whole of the UK purporting to show this fight (I get other venues might show it under the radar).

As has been said, for a ppv model to work it needs to be hassle free & a decent cost and if you can’t have the option of making a one off purchase through your BT / Sky box it’s doomed.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Gregor1987, rezzer and Astro like this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Of course just as a bt ppv will do less than sky.

I really do think it gets overstated how difficult it will be for people to find the fight.

It's no different to those that use Netflix, prime, Disney + etc via there smart tv , firestick, Roku or there games console.

Press a couple of buttons, search , install and that's it.

Ksi fans seemed to have no issue finding his fight on dazn. 400k buys

https://spamboxing.com/ksi-promoter-confirms-ksi-vs-swarmz-ppv-sales/

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  3. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    My dad is a big boxing fan and doesn’t have a clue when this is happening.

Bob Flaps likes this.
  4. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    He won't fail to miss all the "shoulder content" coming up on the BBC!

5. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    Went into a bar tonight and the manager was talking about his £27.99 DAZN subscription for one month being great value compared to Sky. The guy was delighted that he can show the Benn V Eubank and Katie Taylor cards for this sum.

Looks like the smart Bar managers/owners have discovered that a DAZN UK subscription works on Smart TVs in bars as well once the app is downloaded to TV.

Game Changed in Bars.

SeanB1 and Astro like this.
  6. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Can't wait for the fight. I hate paying for anything but I'll moan then still buy this. I can't watch boxing in pubs though, too loud and too many eejits.

7. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I’m looking forward to the fight and will be watching it but out of principle I won’t be paying DAZN £28 for it.
    For the record I buy most UK PPV’s.

BaronSamedi and Bob Flaps like this.
  8. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Until Sky brings out the age-old tactic of insisting only Sky (and BT, via Sky wholesale) is carried in the same establishment. Might sound easy for the pub just now but Sky plays pretty dirty.

zulander and littlebrain like this.
  9. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    The sports rights market is spread far and wide these days and there is no chance that Sky can legally prevent Bars from choosing to show DAZN UK or Amazon for example. The issue is simply price and Sky have priced too many away from their products.

Currently Bars would be mad not to subscribe to DAZN UK next Saturday for only £28 and get the Taylor card as well.

10. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    This fight is just to get the casual 50 year olds to buy it at £28 they'll probably not!!

littlebrain likes this.
  11. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I believe that Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn is going to sell quite a few PPVs on DAZN UK. Have spoken to several people who don't normally follow boxing but they all want to see this fight.

Apart from that, it is incomparable to listen to Eddie Hearn lecture that it is impossible for DAZN UK to get the big fights without PPV. Wasn't DAZN UK created to get away from PPVs ?

12. Coybig

Coybig Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    I don't see this doing mega numbers, the hype around this is half what it would be if it was sky or bt. Hearn can talk all the **** he wants, but the fact is, nobody knows about Dazn and gives a **** about it in the grand scheme of things.

zulander, Gregor1987 and littlebrain like this.
  13. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    It will blow the Joyce/Parker numbers out of the water.

DramaShow likes this.
  14. Coybig

Coybig Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Neither here nor there though, my point still stands. This would be soo much bigger if it was on sky or bt and not on the wee diddy app.

15. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    It doesn't, but your agenda does.