Eubank V Williams

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by zulander, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    This content is protected

I hope to see this fella ringside in Cardiff heckling pea head.

I went to see Beefy against Williams in Manchester and Williams fans all had mullets and vests on even 50 year old women! I genuinely didn’t Think people like that were real until then. Game fans them though, best mass brawl I’ve ever seen With the scouse block I was supposed to be in with my bird before getting an upgrade. Good old Frank not selling out. The police threw all the Welsh out after it and the scousers got left in to ‘enjoy’ their night in Manchester watching Nicola Adams and boring Flanagan haha. Anyway, I wonder how many Insta puff Eubank fans will get a little punch to tHe charlied up nose from those rough and ready Welsh.

Liam Williams is very good and can be relentless, Eubank the con man’s so called great engine will be tested. He can’t just go into survival mode like he did against Groves as if he loses his whole mythical career goes up in smoke. He’d need to get centre ring and keep Williams honest... oh yes, he can’t throw jabs hahaha so he can’t do that. I predict a lot of attempting a combo then walking around For thirty seconds getting his breath back pretending it’s a showboating act. Williams has to make him have to fight for even two mins a round which he is well capable of as his engine is real and looks even better and more natural at middleweight. I think if he can do this then Eubank is in big trouble. The only way he wins is by catching a careless Williams.

Get your money on Eubank though because I’ll be wrong haha.

2. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Come on Williams! Do everyone a favour and leather Sheriff Jr.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  3. Coybig

Coybig Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Bang on mate.
    He's always had his 'speeches' and routine nonsense, the best one being the AJ run etc.

He's never been this rattled though, never been so defensive and bitchy. He's another AJ loss away from a full on meltdown.

Sonny1 likes this.
  4. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Winner fights Zach Parker next year I hope.

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    This is a middleweight bout, Parker is mandatory for the Super Middle title against Canelo. So that’s not happening.

Clarence Gianni and Sonny1 like this.
  6. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Jr has had a truly abysmal 2021, if he was fighting Liam Smith I’d be cheering for beefy lol.

I think Liam Williams is a scrub and even overrated as a scrub.His fans still think he is better than Beefy lol. Smith beat him without breaking a sweat in the 2nd fight.

Jr should poleaxe him but I am not interested in this fight at all. **** fight tbh

7. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    When has Williams ever done that before?

PatCash likes this.
  9. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Good fight

Eubank will stop him in the mid-late rounds.

Williams is a very good operator and can box when he chooses (as we seen in the first Liam Smith fight) but lately he's been marching people down and looking to trade. That's all well and good but when he stepped up in levels against Andrade, he was found wanting and took too many shots.

Him and Eubank don't get on and I think Williams gets drawn into a fight here. Eubank may be lacking in "boxing ability" and as we've seen he can struggle with movers....... but what he can do is seriously ****ing fight and he isn't someone you want to be getting involved in a tear up with.

10. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    When both of these guys have stepped up against skilled World Champions they've fell short. The beef makes it marginally interesting but Jnr has wasted his career since Groves, protecting his 2 and not looking to push himself. In stark contrast, across the pond, a Philly fighter was in a really decent scrap that won him more fans despite taking the L.

11. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    Fight with Smith was a war from memory (I know he lost, but still battled very well) and he won't need as much as that to beat Eubank Jr (if it does go that way)

12. tee_birch

tee_birch Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    IMO he got outmanned by Smith. He was younger at the time though, but it doesn’t bode well for Eubank. As others have alluded to, the ingredients Eubank has he has in abundance so if emotion comes in to this and Williams loses his head it will favour Eubank.

That said, hard to say where Eubank is at the moment.

Interesting fight, would like to pop to Cardiff and watch it live.

Scissors likes this.
  13. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Williams must know that this is it, before he's 30, he has to go for this and leave it all out there. With that in mind, although I don't have much interest in this, I think it could be quite entertaining if he puts it on Jnr and just looks to batter him as Jnr doesn't have that good a defence and as good as his jaw is it could be seriously tested against an onslaught from a guy fighting like a nutter.

14. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Don’t rate Williams tbh. Think Eubank stops him.

15. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Me neither, not at the top level, he has put in some impressive displays at 160 though and Jnr isn't all that, he's not done anything of any note for 4 years.