Eubank vs Williams is off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Gregor1987, Nov 19, 2021.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Can't wait Benn vs yet another corpse

2. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    You said a while back about people being more interested in the politics than the boxing. I think sadly it is because the boxing has been so woeful

Holler and BXNG101 like this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Yeah probably. More **** going on outside the ring than actual decent fights.

We’re left with

Arthur v Yarde and Parker v Chisora to see the year out. Oh and Benn Algieri.

Holler and Accurate like this.
  4. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Boxing is finished. Boxing atm is a one man sport, they should rename the current sport Canelo.

ipitythefool and Scissors like this.
  5. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    The Joyce fight was good and Yarde/Arthur is good. Rest has been poor from QP.

MR had Liverpool and the AJ fight.

About it for the year

6. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    He’s the only one who actually fights. The others can’t be ****ed.

Scissors and tee_birch like this.
  7. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Being allowed to be juiced off your gills the whole time by the WBC must make staying busy a lot easier

moog likes this.
  8. Cluedo

Cluedo Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Could it be all that blinking williams has been doing recently

maybe one of his team is concerned and they have decided to have a look at him further

moog likes this.
  9. Plaistow

Plaistow Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    I noticed that as well, but apparently it’s a tic he’s had since he was young.

Either way if I was him I’d get it looked into as it was incessant in the interviews I saw with him...

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Williams has apparently been blinking all his life. I’m telling you if this is accurate then Williams will have pulled over inadequate prep. Go and look back at his Twitter timeline. He was posting about staying up late to watch the Canelo fight while getting hammered.

Meanwhile Eubank Jr lives the life of a full time athlete.

Yet who is the guy the majority on here slate? Eubank has pulled out all the stops to make this fight happen even accepting to fight in front of what would have been a 95% Williams crowd at least.

11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I don't slate Eubank I just slate the weird fact people forget how bang average he actually is. Happens every time he fights then you watch him and say oh yeah he's really not very good.

Nobody can fault his dedication to the gym.

12. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    It did feel like suspiciously late notice for the fight to be announced

13. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    People are definitely over the top regarding him. He’s proven many times he is above British level and he’s a fan friendly fighter. He always goes and fights in environments where the fans are like 90% against him (Blackwell, Saunders, Yildirim) and was going to do the same against Williams.

I watched the press conference earlier this week and I genuinely couldn’t fault a thing that Eubank said yet the comments on YouTube were pretty much all laying into them.

Williams, if he has indeed pulled out, has **** himself. Simple as that. No comment yet on Twitter which is unlike him given all he has done recently is talk about Eubank. Talking a big game pre press conference on Twitter and then when he is actually face to face with Eubank is pretty timid. Quietly telling Eubank that he respects him as a fighter but not a person. The twitter bravado nowhere to be seen.

Williams should be getting a harder time from every fan until he can produce a compelling reason for the pull out, since the fans were really looking forward to this. He seems to be getting an easy ride so far, albeit we haven’t had official confirmation yet.

14. tweetstreet

tweetstreet Member Full Member

Nov 21, 2007
    williams was taking the ****, he wasn’t genuinely on the beer lol.

my guess is sparring cut for williams but haven’t seen anything online for either side yet. Neither are the type to bottle it and williams has been chasing this fight for a long time. If you follow williams online he is always in the gym anyway so don’t think it’s down to lack of prep

15. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Maybe he was taking the ****, who knows. Either way, he is very active on both IG and Twitter yet hasn’t made a single post or story about a genuine reason for pulling out. A cut is quite easy to substantiate online.

All I’m saying here is he is getting an easy ride. Guaranteed if it was Eubank people would be screaming for him to produce evidence and calling him all sorts.

Also just a bit annoyed generally because like everyone I was so looking forward to the fight, would have been so hostile in Wales.