Evander Holyfield vs Deontay Wilder

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Dec 1, 2019.

Who wins and How

1. Wilder KO

10.6%
  2. Wilder TKO

4.3%
  3. Wilder UD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wilder SD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Holyfield KO

23.4%
  7. Holyfield TKO

40.4%
  8. Holyfield UD

17.0%
  9. Holyfield SD

4.3%
  1. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good insight.

2. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    Do it! Pick against Evander!!!

3. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Look , Wilder is an exceptional puncher , a warrior and means business but he is not a great fighter and I feel he would have lost to Tyson, Bowe, Lewis or Holyfield .. I feel the same about Fury who is a poor man's super heavyweight Slapsy Maxie despite being likable and Joshua who cannot absorb punishment .. all three have big hearts , all three are likable , I'm happy for all three to have found success, fame and fortune bit all three are a big level below the other guys ..

4. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    No Wilder.

5. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Almost actually is a miss match, Wilder only has one punch a hard right hand ( And that could be debated if one looks at his competition seriously) He doesn't know how to jab, has no left hook, his defense is throwing up his arms around his face, hoping it blocks his opponents punches or leaning away. He doesn't counter (Does he know how?) waits for his opponents to stop punching before he returns fire.... He drops his jab when he decides to uses it, ( because he has to think about it opposed to being instinctive)and his chin is always above his left shoulder ( A prime example of his amateurish skills) Holyfield and any well schooled professional heavyweight in their prime or close to it would have a field day on Wilder.

BCS8, InMemoryofJakeLamotta and JC40 like this.
  6. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    LOL @all the Wilder haters.....

Holyfield simply "mows" him down...............the irony......he could not mow down Alex S in 2 tries.......could not mow down a glass chinned Light heavy who in his very first defense of the belt got waxed by ONE shot by a Grandpa who got outboxed by Tommy Chin......could not mowe down ancient fossils in Holmes and Foreman...........could never mowe down Bowe or Lewis in 5 tries........hello Vaughn Bean, yep, did not get mowed down either..........that leaves us to his two wins against a washed up Mike Tyson who spent 4 years in the can and was a shell of himself.....and still did not mow him down.

Holyfileds entire rep is made out of beaten the Shell of Tyson twice.......he struggled with EVERY fighter worth a lick even in winning, he never ever had a easy fight .....I guess PED's only take you that far.

Holyfield has a poor records fighting tall Heavies who can jab and punch......

This "bum" Wilder who according the forum experts who dont even know how to wrap hands gets beat by ANYONE despite 40 plus have tried and 40 plus have been stopped......only two went the distance while getting knocked down.

Wilder has a under rated jab when he elects to use it, has poor footwork but amazing hand and foot speed including top notch hand eye coordination plus fights tall, has a killer instinct and comes with 1000000% confidence.

Holyfield never was and never will be a defensive wizzard, he got lit up regulary........you aint taking shots from Wilder too long.

I take Wilder here because Holyfield, similar when fighting Lewis , will not be able to close the distance and he is not taking any chances with Wilders power......if he slugs it out like in the Bowe fights he gets stopped, guranteed.

Similar to mayweather, Wilder looses every fight past or present.......the ones who are picked to beat them turn into bums automatically once they are dis patched and on to the next boogey man , it never ends........what stays constant is that both kept/keep on winning. Fact.

7. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    You're very hard on Evander.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Nothing but the facts.....he is 2-5 against Bowe/Moorer/Lewis......everything is based on his victories over a washed up tyson, who is a bum according to the forum experts but is a brutal unbeatable killer when Holyfiled beat him.

You cannot have it both ways...........without Tyson Holyfiled lost more than he won on the upper level and struggled against ham and eggers.

And I am not even going into the absurd PED abuse......Lee Haney in cam p strength couch..enough said.

Reinhardt likes this.
  9. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    I would mow you down.

10. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    He sure never struggled with Buster Douglas who had just left an undefeated Tyson prone ;)

The Tyson fights on reflection were both quite comfortable as well. He was far from a shell even if no longer at his best.

11. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wilder does not know how to box and lost about every round against Ortiz.He lacks fundamentals. he will be useless once Holy gets into close range.I do not think having only one punch would beat fighters of the caliber of Holyfield.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  12. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Lmao facts

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  13. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Thank You Captain NeckFat.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  14. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I recall some trainers and boxing experts saying about 15 years ago that there would be a 210-220lb heavyweight that takes over the divison. Wilder is potentially that guy. I didn't expect him to be 6-7 but he does have coordination. He has to show more of an all around game to be the complete package.

15. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

I agree, I love how Evander fights, he comes to fight! and he could beat Wilder.But honestly he barely beat a 42 year old Foreman and lost the last round against an equally ancient Holmes. Your point about his record vs Bowe , Moorer, and Lewis is inescapable .I don't have Holyfield in my all time top 10 heavys , because I don't see him beating manyof the greats in their prime.