Evander 'The Real Deal' Holyfield 5 in 5

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Boxing First, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Boxing First

Boxing First youtube.com/channel/UCM4RAP57DFWBjQQn2E-MDVw Full Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Just finished making this one and what a career this ATG had!!

Im not on any social media so if anyone could share this video it would be much appreciated.

Also like and subscribe, thinking of John Conteh next!!

Any feedback would be great.

This content is protected

2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Peak Evander from 1986-1993 was an absolute beast and a H2H live dog against absolutely anyone in history. Just watch him from Qawi (I) through to Bowe (II). His peak years were without any doubt from the age 24 to 31.

He tarnished his legacy by fighting on for so long past his prime, but somehow remained so competitive at elite level that fans forget just what a shadow of his prime they were actually watching... It was a 37 year old Holyfield that pushed Lennox Lewis for 24 rounds at his absolute prime.

Faded Holyfield was 35 when he beat Tyson twice and Michael Moorer, 38 when he beat John Ruiz and 46 when he was robbed against Valuev and denied becoming a 5 time heavyweight champion. In his final fight, a TKO win against 64-2 contender Brian Nielsen, he was 49 years old. LEGEND....

Unforgiven and Boxing First like this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    He should make a comeback and fight Andy Ruiz - The Real Deal versus The Meal Deal

4. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Evander beat the HELL out of Foreman. Crazy how Foreman took that.

Unforgiven and Jurgen like this.
  5. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Don’t want to hear it. Biggest example
    Of what juice can do in a boxing ring. Tainted, tarnished and a cheat

ryanm8655 likes this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Amazed that the Lean Mean Grilling Machine took that beating as an old man then still went on three years later to become the oldest World Heavyweight Champion of the World.

7. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    And to this day he speaks as clearly as ever. The man is made of steel.

Jurgen likes this.
  8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Holyfield was no doubt a great fighter but the roids and dirty/illegal tactics leave a sour taste for me. Also benefitted a few times from dodgy cards.

Carlton Cole likes this.
  9. koartist2012

koartist2012 Member Full Member

May 24, 2012
    the real deal was my favourite heavy and at his peak the way he was on his toes non stop pumping the jab ... and then evan fields confirmed that wasn't the only jab he was pumping , legacy tarnished for me , but heart cannot be enhanced and boy did he have a warrior spirit .

Heisenberg and ryanm8655 like this.
  10. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    No argument from me about him juicing but the 90’s were far worse than today.. practically zero testing. Please don’t tell me there’s no chance Tyson, Lewis, Moorer, Bowe, Morrison, Mercer and Ruddock to name but a few weren’t all at it. End of the day, Holyfield trained harder, fought harder and had more heart than 99% of them.

11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If I was to make a top 5 favourite HWs, Holyfield would be in it for sure. With him, I don't care about the results. The spectacle is more important. Sure, he has some of best wins in HW history, but the fights themselves are what made him great. From Qawi to Tyson, almost every fight was exciting. There's only a couple which weren't.

Great work, as always!

Boxing First and Heisenberg like this.
  12. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    Watch Holyfield’s heavyweight debut vs James Tillis and then compare it to Usyk’s v Witherspoon. Holyfield looked a different class completely.

Boxing First likes this.