Events in July

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bigboyadada, Apr 8, 2019.

1. bigboyadada

bigboyadada New Member Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Hello all, I've been a regular interested visitor to this forum for a while, but I've only just registered and this is my first post.

We have a family landmark birthday coming up and are hoping to do an event in july. I've been to 2 matchroom shows in the last few years, and have been patiently checking their site along with Frank Warren and the boxrec uk schedule for the last few weeks awaiting info, I'm guessing announcements may be imminent.

Just wondering if anyone in the know may have an insight on what may be happening in july, I've seen posts on here in the past saying about arenas being booked on a certain date by promoters. Also, I'd be interested in opinions on the smaller events compared to the matchrooms, Frank Warren promotions etc..

Thanks

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I think matchrooms plan is for a half decent card in the o2 in July, featuring Dillian Whyte amongst others.

3. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    July should have:

Whyte Vs Povetkin / Charr / Ortiz
    Okolie Vs Lebedev
    Fitzgerald Vs Cheeseman

And potentially

Yarde Vs Kovalev

4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    13th of July is the date for the O2 show I believe.

5. EastLondonDan

EastLondonDan Active Member Full Member

Aug 6, 2009
    What part of the country are you looking at by the way?

6. bigboyadada

Apr 5, 2019
    thanks everyone, I live in wales, but am pretty flexible to where it is in the uk, I went to the o2 arena in 2015 to see the brook v gavin bill and saw bellew cleverly 2 at echo arena a year to 2 prior..

7. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    13th July at the O2 , as well as Whyte you'll probably get Big Pricey thrown in there.

On the subject of the O2, its probably the worst place in Britain to get out of after the event.

8. bigboyadada

Apr 5, 2019
    Hello again, unfortunately my plans have been scuppered a little in that the matchroom o2 event has been confirmed for sat 20th july, the only weekend in july that I cant do !?! I was looking for some feedback if possible to what the bethnal green events are like, they have shows advertised for 29th June and 6th July so it'll help me make a decision whether to come up from south wales for the night to watch one of those or to wait and see what comes about late july / august onwards... thanks