Every boxer should use Creatine

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by PowerPuncher, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Marvelous Marcum

Marvelous Marcum Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Creatine is an excellent supplement. Now please, post all of these awful risks that are associated with it.

P.s. Anyone who says they prefer to get Creatine the "natural" way clearly hasn't the slightest clue what they're talking about. It would take roughly 4 pounds of meat a day to achieve the 5g most "Creatine Junkies" take in in a day. Now how many of you consume this much meat? My guess, not many.

2. littleguy

littleguy Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2007
    How about instead I post a link to the Mayo Clinic article on Creatine. I'm not sure I would describe the risks as "awful." Every person and situation is different. Bottom line is that if you take it you should be evaluated by a healthcare professional.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/creatine/NS_patient-creatine

3. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Anyone who thinks all creatine comes from food ingesting hasn't got the slightest clue what he's talking about. The human liver is capable of producing creatine. Beef is not the only source of creatine. Pork, fish, milk also contain it. Also, who says you even need 5 grams a day? Perhaps those "creatine junkies" are exaggerating a little.

4. sharpshooter736

sharpshooter736 The Punishment, Served Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    i used to take creatine, i tastes like ****, unless you take the pills...

what i noticed while taking it when i has sex was that i could stay longer than normal, like i usually go 45 min wit that stuff i went like 60 min...idk what that creatine did to me but yeah...thats my 2 cents

*stick to muscle milk :) *

5. Marvelous Marcum

Jan 6, 2006
    For starters, no one has said that food ingesting is the only source of creatine. Second, I said meat, which includes both pork and fish. Third, 5g is what the typical serving of Creatine consists of. And fourth, 5g also happens to be what they used for this wonderful study http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/08/030813070944.htm.

6. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    First, no you did not. But you said the people that get their creatine the natural way are nuts and came with the meat example. We're not nuts, because the liver also makes creatine. Indeed you said meat. For some reason most people only talk about beef as a creatine source so I mistakingly read that, my bad. Milk is another source most don't consider. That study was conducted on a vegetarian. In other words someone who does not get his creatine the natural way.

I'm not against creatine I'm aware of its benefits, it's just that I don't see any difference. I tried it for a while but considered it not worth the money. So I'll stick with what I get through my regular diet, which is high in milk and other dairy products so that might explain me not noticing any difference.

7. Marvelous Marcum

Jan 6, 2006
    Mistakes happen, and yes as you said I didn't even think about milk. Some poeple are non responders, and others (possibly you) consume enough with diet, however it's quite rare. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how long did you take it? Results are far from immediate.

It's quite infuriating when people come on here saying creatine is like steroids, or that it causes cancer. Most people are completely misinformed on the subject.

8. aramini

aramini Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2004
    I am vain. Every cut and striation in my physique, every hard won fight, I know it was me. I have no need of supplementation, no need to spend extra money on this when consistency and hard work have already made this concatenation of perfection.

It is pride and vanity, but I like being able to know that my successes and failures are purely my own, that nothing but will and determination produced them.

I can't escape the philosophical notion that supplementation is designed for a competitive edge, whether it be illegal or legal. There is no difference in the most abstract sense except the letter of the arbitrary law, that makes Splenda sucralose illegal in one country where Aspartame is sold and Aspartame illegal in another where Splenda is sold. I don't need that edge. If I lose, it was truly I who lost. If I win, it was I who won.

9. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm quiting food. That way if I win I know it was me and not the food.

10. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I used it for a few months, three perhaps. When I quit I noticed no difference so I did not buy a new container. I read the average US citizen takes about 1-2 gram a day. I don't think it's inconceivable that I take 5 through regular diet. I'm Dutch, us Douchebags tend to drink insane amounts of milk. Unfortunately I can't find anywhere what amount of creatine milk contains.

11. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Why? :lol:

At the moment the only supplements I use are flaxseed oil and a multivitamin/mineral.

12. average_joe

average_joe Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2007
    And imagine how good they would have been had they taken supplements.

13. Svengali

Svengali Guest

Interesting perspective. I admire your devotion to physical perfection. Mishima would be proud.

14. aramini

aramini Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2004
    The intangible human spirit is something that can't be supplemented. In my defeats it was not my unsupplemented body that failed me, but my heart, and at some point there comes a conscious decision not to endure more punishment and avoid risks. Sometimes strength and speed are not enough, and there is no supplement that can provide an iron chin and a limitless heart. Thomas Hearns can still knock out cruiserweights at his advanced age, albeit fringe ones.

There is a huge mental aspect to boxing, and the man who believes he cannot be beaten and will die to win at all costs is going to be a fierce opponent for even the most supplemented of super athletes.