Everybody seems to be back on the Whyte Hype train.....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Mar 28, 2021.

1. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I do think Wilder is favorite over Whyte. Wilder's style is ugly but he's landed a bomb on everyone he's faced and only Fury has been able to put him over. His chin and fitness are good even if he lacks fundamentals. Whyte doesn't have the chin or defense to stop Wilder landing and i'm not sure he would be as confident working his way in like Fury was in fight 2.

Wilder i expect will go back to the drawing board and fight someone like (i was going to say Molina but he's already struggled with him!) but its going to be a fairly low ranked opponent. I wouldn't even expect him to go near a Wallin or a Kowanicki at this point. Plus he's 35 after a 42 fight career where he's been hurt more than once. He might not have much time left at the top but I would like to see him fight again just to see where he's at.

Whyte is world class - just about. He's won the British title, beaten a former belt Euro belt holder in Chisora, Unbeaten danger man in Rivas and a former world titlist in Parker who a fight before was considered a good match for current World Champ Joshua. He''s got a fight ending left hook and he comes to fight but he has some glaring weakness that will probably mean he won't ever win a world title. He's been in a lot of close fights and he should have lost to Del Boy first time around I think but even so he's a good fighter near the top of the division.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    "I'm long overdue a massive fight. It's frustrating that Fury has been ducking me after Wilder ducked me for years".

This is what I wasn't looking forward to, Dillian Whyte spouting rubbish every other day via the medium of Sky. Fury fought Wilder in February...the global pandemic then hit. In the meantime Whyte took a fight with Povetkin last summer and got chinned. The rematch was delayed a couple of times and finally happened the other week....so how has Fury ducked him????

3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Fury said he would fight Whyte in video stating that he thinks Whyte is an underrated fighter. Whyte responds on social media to effect of "lets do it", Fury a week later says he has no interest in fighting Whyte as he is a bum and then went onto to fight Shwarz or Wallin I think.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    On Wilder, he's 35, was badly exposed on his last outing and not all that convincing in the second Ortiz fight prior to the KO. Are we sure that he comes back as the fighter he was? Both Ortiz and Fury outboxed him, but in the second fight Fury ragdolled and bullied him which is going to take its toll both on him and the aura that he'd built around him.

There has to be a question whether we even see 'prime' Wilder in the ring again.

5. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    I am sure if Whyte was to beat Wilder the narrative would be that Wilder was spent mentally from the Fury fight and Ehyte wouldnt get credit for the wi . My personal opinion was that he was a limited fighter prior and was finally exposed when he stpped up to world level rather than cherry picked soft opponents (Fury was a cherry pick that went wrong).

Then again how much longer has Wilder got left and will he just go back fighter soft opponents before retiring?

6. roddy

roddy New Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Wilder would knock Whyte into next week IMO.

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Fury has only been champion since the second fight with Wilder. Anything before that he didn't have a title to defend against Whyte. It was all about Wilder until Fury beat him.

He's a proper whinge. His non stop hard done by narrative he constantly spins is very off putting.

EJC83 likes this.
  8. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I remember posting on here before that Wilder to KO Whyte would be printing money.

Difference now is you have no idea how that Fury fight will have changed Wilder if he does step in the ring again, he’d be pushing 36 years old and out the ring for 18 months or so if it did end up happening soon.

9. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    It does make me laugh how much people **** on Wilder after Fury done his demolition job.....

At the end of the day he's still the most dangerous and powerful man in the division and can knock anyone out on his day.

That said.... he's made himself look an absolute ****ing tool since the Fury defeat. Talk about making excuses.

10. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Exactly. Beating Wilder as Fury did was just a fantastic gameplay executed perfectly. People underestimate how difficult that would've been to pull off. There's an awful lot of people after timing about it - now thinking anyone half decent would beat Wilder. They may do, post Fury, but who knows.

I am not sure anyone else bar Fury could've pulled off that game plan. Usyk perhaps, but he doesn't have the same size or strength.

Twentyman, Furey and UKboxingfan like this.
  11. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    All very true. As I just posted though it’s hard to know what Wilder you’d get, can’t underestimate how much a tough fight can affect you at that age.

12. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    You can never read much into anything that Wilder, Whyte and Fury say, they change their opinions like the wind, Fury is the absolute king of contradiction, anyone who runs their mouth that often with such speed will contradict themselves!

I can't see Wilder v Whyte happening anytime soon, Wilder will want a fairly easy first fight back and then either a title shot or a huge payday, I don't think Whyte will be able to offer either of those.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    UKboxingfan likes this.
  13. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Typical Tyson.

More or a talking man than a fighting man.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Mitch87 likes this.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Whyte's probably lying though.
    He demands PPV money to fight lesser opponents than Wilder, and can even get rematch clauses and PPV rematches fighting worn-out old men under the Matchroom banner, so I'm sure his "price" to face Wilder in America would be ridiculous.

Gatekeeper and Brixton Bomber like this.
  15. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Well Whyte already agreed to fight tougher opponents than Wilder in Parker and two offers to Ruiz which Ruiz turned down. So I can't see whyte being the one avoiding this fight, especially when MR years ago made an offer for this fight to happen (offered Wilder Chisora too) to which Wilders team turned down.