Everything wrong with boxing today (Michael Benson)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Jul 7, 2019.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    The reason that it took him no time at all is because he is a ****ing leech who steals all his content. Takes traffic away from real boxing Twitter account and pages.

Twentyman, emallini and CutThroatFade like this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    No I’m not saying that at all. If you don’t support a football team you won’t understand what it’s like to support one. There are many football fans on here who will say the same thing. It’s totally different to being a fan of a boxer. I can’t be arsed continuing to debate such a pointless line of argument. Being a fan of a particular football club is part of your identity as a person in this country.

3. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Actually he breaks more news about fights being made and that sort of thing than anyone covering boxing in the U.S. and possibly worldwide.

Holler likes this.
  4. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    It’s the same in the U.S. with professional teams. People ARE interested in who a team signs and what they pay, but you’re trying Tom are it like the interest is one of personal finance ... show me the generations of UK soccer fans who lost their life savings and retirements funds because the team they support overpaid for a player.

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    You are deliberately being facetious now. I already stated that if you don’t support a football team you won’t understand how it is completely different to being a fan of an individual boxer.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  6. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    You state that as fact and it isn’t.

First off, I do support a football team — an NFL team in the U.S. You can act like UK or Euro soccer fans are more into it but the FACT is it doesn’t affect their personal finances, which is what you stated earlier in the thread was the reason football supporters were interested in what players are paid. That’s rubbish.

Second, there are plenty of posters who seem to care deeply about what the purse splits should be on big fights. Perhaps you aren’t one of them, but there are many and this forum is evidence of that. They are (maybe were, especially if he loses the rematch) invested in AJ as a symbol of how the UK side should dictate terms. Haven’t we been told that AJ’s supporters are soccer supporters and that Eddie had tapped into that market and made AJ into a franchise who could fill stadiums of people there to sing “Sweet Caroline” and chant and wave their banners, etc.?

You want to tell me there were not UK fans who were just as deeply invested in Bruno or Chris Eubank (the elder) or Nigel Ben back in the day? Some lived and died with their fortunes as much as any soccer fan.

Your stance is all over the place. The fact is some people care about these things. You may not but that doesn’t mean no one does. Someone tweeting about whether 50/50 is a fair deal is not what’s wrong with boxing. That’s ridiculous.

7. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    People who don't even know how to throw a left jab acting like they know about the politics of boxing. I hate it.

im sparticus and 305th like this.
  8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    It does impact you of the club you’ve grown up going to see no longer exists. If your club has come close to being wound up then you’re going to feel differently. Stop being a numpty.

9. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Kind of seems like Smithy is the moaner tbf,

I am a little surprised more fans aren't giving Smith stick tbh, he isn't really a big draw either.

50/50 sounds like a fair rate, both have something the other wants

10. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    For the numpteenth time, you said people are interested in team sport transactions because it affects their personal finances. I guess it does if they bet on the team and lose, but that’s true if they bet on boxers, haha.

Just go ahead and admit that was rubbish or back it up.

I realize your inner child hurts because some football club you supported went in the dumps but it didn’t put you on the streets begging for sustenance, did it?

11. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    I don’t know 60/40 seems fair to me. Smith is the WBA champ, Ring mag champ, WBSS champ and BJS beat Isuzu for his belt then wants 50/50. Biggest win besides that is Lemieux or eubank both of whom Smith would destroy.

Holler likes this.
  12. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    He doesn't, he steals pretty much everything.

im sparticus, Twentyman and 305th like this.
  13. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Got the wrong guy you numpty. I was just empathising.

14. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    Want to provide some links to things reported before he did? Like a preponderance of what he’s reported?

15. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    I’m sorry your soccer team fell down and go boom.

You’ll get over it.