Explain the animosity between Khan and Brook.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CleneloAnavarez, Nov 29, 2021.

1. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    As the title says.
    Why do these two hate each other?

2. Koli55

Koli55 Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Because animosity sells fights.

3. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Khan couldn't bare the thought of potentially losing to a fellow Brit. He ducked Brook for that said reason.

I'm aware it didn't answer your question.

4. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Animosity sells fights, but that fight did not happen for years.

5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Some people just don’t like each other, something doesn’t need to have happened for them to get there. They’ve spent years calling each other out and it not happening, endlessly getting compared, they just don’t like one another.

Yatezy and Oneirokritis like this.
  6. Sonny1

Sonny1 Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    It’s from the amateurs.

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  7. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    There isn't any animosity. It's a complete fabrication to sell this fight. Perhaps years ago they genuinely did not like each other, but not now.

Brook mentioned he'd spent an hour and a half on the phone with Khan to sort the fight out, most likely coming up with a game plan to dupe the general public out of their pay per view cash. There was even mention of a rematch.

And you know how I know there genuinely isn't any beef? Kell could have mentioned Khan's glass chin at the press conference, the time Joshua was supposed to be having relations with his missus, any number of open goals to get under his skin. Equally Khan could have brought up the many rumours surrounding Kell's past, but they did none of that.

The best they could come up with was "I'm gonna knock you out."

They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  8. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Khan was angered that Brook called him out because for years he hunted after Mayweather because he felt he was on that elite level and above anything domestic, Brook was angry because of that attitude and because Khan ducked him for years.

9. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    It's never felt all that deep rooted or genuine their supposed rivalry. Did they even fight in the ams? I'm assuming at the very least they've sparred.

10. moog

moog Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Some of that will properly come out the nearer we get to the fight.

Oneirokritis and Glenn McKrory like this.
  11. teddybaldock

teddybaldock Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I think Brook always felt he was better than Khan but never managed to get the same acclaim or money; think he may of been slightly jealous even. I think Khan nailed it yesterday when he said Brook was very bitter.

12. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I did laugh though when Terry Brook was interviewed yesterday saying Khan has been the reason Brook's career has been held up/destroyed or something to that effect? They are putting the blame solely on Khan for "ruining" Brook's career?

What kind of nonsense is that?

How obsessed must these guys have been with the Khan fight?

If Khan was running away so much, go and do your own thing, make your own legacy. Don't bank on another fighter so much so that it starts affecting your career. That's just stupidity.

13. Bladesmanstan

Bladesmanstan New Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2021
    From someone who has been a Brook fan for a decade, and someone that has seen and spoken to him for a number of years...trust me this isn't fake beef.

Khan has tried to bully Kell for years. Khan sparred with him in the amateurs and outboxed him but Kell wobbled Khan. That's why Kell has pushed for this fight for years because he always knew in the pros he would KO him. Khan has lived off of this "schooling" for years.

But Khan has continued to run from Brook until now, cos this is his only option left in the sport.

This is as real as it gets.

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  14. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog Swinging on Hearn’s nuts Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Brook is attracted to Khan but Khan isn’t that way inclined.

15. RT7

RT7 Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Absolutely spot on. I was surprised at how soft each of their comments were considering the supposed "hatred"

Oneirokritis and Glenn McKrory like this.