Explain the animosity between Khan and Brook.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CleneloAnavarez, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Agreed, Khan has a lot of celebrity friends and they’re always training with him so even when he’s dicking about on BBC he’s still training. Brook loves his food and we’ve seen how quickly he puts weight on.

I remember when he was training for the Porter fight there was an interview with his nutritionist, saying Brook was really hard work and he had to have a “treat” every few days to stop him being miserable. I’m sure there was a line in the interview of Kell basically kicking his door down in the hotel wherever they were training the middle of the night because he was starving.

From what I know of the top guys who are training, they eat healthy but they don’t go hungry. Chubby Kell must be the exception.

destruction likes this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I am really worried that Kell won’t be able to make weight. If you look at the size of him now. It’s going to be a real struggle for him to make weight even if he does everything right from now on!

If he does manage to make weight. What level of stamina and strength will he have in there at 147?

He made a comment in the presser complaining that it was at 147 and that as it wasn’t a title fight it shouldn’t matter. So he is already doubting himself.

He really shouldn’t have allowed himself to blow up this much, as his biggest challenge will be turrrrning up…..

After seeing the presser I am 90% certain now that Khan stops him. If he turns up

Journey Man likes this.
  3. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Amir Khan knows that Kell Brook is shot to hell and that if he'd fought him 4 or 5 years ago he would have been soundly beaten. Without wishing to look down on Brook, he and his father would struggle to share a brain between them, whereas Khan has been well advised and marketed. Brook is a wasted talent, ill disciplined and didn't achieve what he could have. I expect Khan to win but I won't entertain any posturing from him afterwards because he's not fighting Kell Brook, he's fighting a guy that was once an elite level talent who has long since past his best.

4. Journey Man

Aug 22, 2009
    I have never understood why people think Brook would have battered Khan, and paint him to have been a top level elite fighter - he never was! He has fought 3 genuine former or current world champions - Ndou, Senchenko and Porter. He’s dined out on that Porter win his whole career, which was a very tight fight.

Khan on the other hand, has a solid resume and was a genuine top level talent in his weight classes. His wins over Algeri, Alexander, Collazo, Diaz, Judah, Maidaina, Kotelnik, Malinaggi are all good wins. He was genuinely #1 at LWW - Bradley moved up to avoid the fight.

Brook battled his way up, pulled out his performance of a lifetime vs Porter, and never looked good against decent opposition ever again.

I think Khan wins now and would have won then.

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    A big juicy sausage?

Guru88, Jurgen and Journey Man like this.
  6. Journey Man

Aug 22, 2009
    Like Amir I can’t comment on those rumours.....

But most likely

7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Khan was never #1 @ LWW. Remember the Garcia fight was voluntary and Khan expected to win that easily. The #1 LWW doesn't get stopped by Garcia like that.

CleneloAnavarez likes this.
  8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I think your reply was meant for Journey man

9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Still think Brook wins this

thistle likes this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    The head to head looked bad. You could tell it was a work

11. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    They are both finished alright.

RT7 and Glenn McKrory like this.
  12. Hurrikeen

Hurrikeen Member Full Member

May 30, 2014
    Brook beats all those Khan opponents you mention. Khan gets stopped by Porter.

13. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    its far too deep to get into here.

14. Patter9833

Patter9833 New Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2021
    he does blow up Kell but he is huge thick set legs arms everywhere . Head to head with amir there more or less same height Kell would struggle I think even if he was in shape all year round .

15. Mike Cannon

Mike Cannon Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Correction ! FAKE animosity sells fights... because 99% of it is. keep well.