Félix "El Diamante" Verdejo - or should we say, "Cubic Zirconia"?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Txomo

Txomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2012
    1- Don't care about this 2012 loss against Loma. He was a child at 18.
    2- Puerto Rico has a big fanbase in boxing. Every puertorican boxer that starts to shine is "The new Tito" and you should look after where your money is.
    3- They have probably ruined him. It happens when you raise a boxer too fast (cause of a beating), or when you raise him too slow (motivation).

I bet he will be a World Champion (maybe 2019) but I think he won't be the next Tito or the next Cotto. Anyway, he's just 24.

2. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Could beat Beltran but even that is not a given.

3. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    I remember when Puerto Ricans were putting the ATG tag on Thomas Dulorme. They can't call em for **** huh?

4. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011
    HBO tried to make him into a thing a few years back but he was so boring they just gave up I guess. Haven't seen him in a couple of years it seems and I don't miss him. There are only so many tv dates and if you don't impress or at least go to war you don't have much chance of being asked back

5. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Im puerto rican and while i thought he had a bright future never hyped him. I hype no one. I let guys prove it in the ring. That being said your criticisms are just. I think he has superstar talent but i dont think he has the discipline outside of the ring needed to be an elite level world champion. He is not the next puerto rican great i think thats pretty apparent by now.

Oneirokritis and IntentionalButt like this.
  6. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Seems like he's been around forever but he's only...

TWENTY-FOUR!

Some guys prime a little later, give him a chance.

Jay1990 likes this.
  7. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
  8. PR BOXING

PR BOXING Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 4, 2010
    I remember those times. With Luis Cruz too. In hinsight, Mcwilliams is the one with the right motor of the bunch dispite having a loss on the record

pistal47 likes this.
  9. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012

Check some of those threads again. I was not a believer in Felix "El Zirconio" Verdejo and made it clear.