Fabio Wardley v Dave Allen

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    You may be right about Wardley beating Allen, but he is no more skilled than Allen imo. Different styles but both extremely limited in terms of boxing fundamentals & pedigree.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Wardley look talented in his last fight, going on that I expect him to beat Allen.

3. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Id make Gorman an easy fav over Allen..He'd mug him

4. Somali Sanil

Sep 1, 2019
    This..Gorman is way more skilled, boxes his head off

5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    not for me. Gorman has done nothing since getting stopped by Dubois. Meanwhile Allen is sparring partner for usyk

6. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    How much do people attribute to Hatton's work for Gorman's defeat or the manner of it? Dubois is the athlete of the two so I thought it slightly strange there were trying to land one shot over the top. Gorman's' got quick hands but they didn't seem to want to set him up to maybe get inside and land something in close or maybe take away the length of DD's punches and work him to the body. Easier said than done because DD looks a beast but I thought it looked poor.

I've not seen much of Wardley but he looks fast and well built - not carrying loads of lard. Be interesting to see someone land something big on him. We know what Allen can do but he's inconsistent and at times seems content to let people tag him. I'd probably favor Gorman over him and maybe Wardley as well based on freshness.

7. Somali Sanil

Sep 1, 2019
    He’s a punch bag for Usyk

tdf1974 likes this.
  8. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Gorman comes in very heavy v Larty. Larty came to bang v DD I fancy his chances if Nathan's head isn't on right

9. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Allen v Hammer announced for the Usyk-Chisora undercard

10. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    "Sink or Swim for Dave".

11. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    What a strange fight for Allen ? Hammer is a very good fighter and levels above Allen ? What does it mean if Allen managed to beat Hammer? Where would he go ?

12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This is a proper tough fight for Dave .... in the last 10 years Hammer has only lost to the top boys Fury, Ortiz and Povetkin with him going the distance with the latter two.

He's been out sparring Usyk and looks in much better shape but would need the performance of a lifetime here to get the win.

He says he could've taken easier fights which were offered (e.g. Tommy Morrisons son) but he took this fight with Hammer - even though the purse wasn't much more - because it's a proper fight and he'd get credit should he win.

Say what you want about Allen, whether you like him or not, but he has a set of bollocks.

13. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I agree actually, in fact I see Wardley as a bit of a sleeper at domestic level at the moment and might spring a few surprise results against the likes of Allen. He's naturally gifted and quite athletic and seems to have a decent dig on him and nice variety of punches.

I could actually see him working Allen over to a UD or late stoppage likely by TKO as Allen is just so easy to hit and not every ref out there is going to want to see Allen take yet another sustained beating.

PatCash and Usercom like this.
  14. PatCash

PatCash Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Yeah I quite like Fabio Wardley think he can reach Euro level if he takes the right fights and doesn't take too much punishment, he'd quite comfortably beat Dave Allen too big, too strong, too fast

15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Looks like Fab is facing Lucas Browne next. We all know Browne is shot, but coming off some quality sparring with Joyce I’m expecting Fab to win early and take that next step up.