Fact or Fiction: Tank is the weakest of the 135 cause he wont fight other guys...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by LiL Boosie, Jan 7, 2021.

1. LiL Boosie

LiL Boosie Member banned Full Member

May 5, 2014
    Avoided Loma

Floyd/Ellerbe already said Tanks not ready for Teofimo

Tank can fight and maybe even KO all.these 135s

But Floyd/Ellerbe dont want to match him tough...

MannyMMA and Boxed Ears like this.
  2. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Lil Boosie, time for your nap.

3. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    He sure did have a hard time putting away a bloated above his natural weight class old shot midget Cuban leprechaun who only had one leg. Took Tank all twelve rounds.

That being said he sure put on a hilarious performance where he got slapped around over seven rounds facing another natural 126 pound boxer in Leo Santa Cruz. Imagine if LSC hit harder... you know, like a natural to the weight class.

What possibly makes you think he can knock out anyone who is a natural to the 135 weight, let alone guys like Lopez who are natural 140+? There is absolutely no reason to believe his vaunted power moved up with him. SMH.

I see him as basically Broner 2.0 A guy who moves up in weight class and his power doesn’t get the forwarding address. Time will tell...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Thanos, Willie Maeket and MannyMMA like this.
  4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Tank will beat Garcia. When he lands that left, it's good night.

Haney-Tank is a toss up.

Teo beats the **** outta all three.

Thanos, Wizbit1013, TBI and 3 others like this.
  5. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Haney is the weakest, he looks nothing special even against gatekeepers.

Sooncreate3 and Furey like this.
  6. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    he is skilled despite looks that S/C and fittness level is not top yet. He might improve, will see.

7. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    As soon as Tanks puppet masters allow him to face a top, prime LW, you will see why he has been shielded for so long. He will be exposed worse than Wilder and go back to fighting little guys exclusively. All the while talking trash on Twitter. He’s protected for a reason.

Middle Pocket likes this.
  8. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Make the Cold War great again. Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Davis is not the weakest of the division but he is the weakest of the top tier.
    Haney kills him, Garcia kills him, Lopez bangs him out until the 12 if he doesn't fold before hand, and Stevenson and Conlan use him as a stepping stone when they move through if Davis has not eaten his way up to 147. By then he will be AB 2.0 getting paydays to be a boxing court jester padding resumes.

Jackman65 likes this.
  9. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
  10. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    He's only just stepped up to lightweight and still a super feather in reality anyway. Give him a break. Plenty of time for him, Kingry, Teo, Haney and Loma to fight each other. Best division in boxing right now.

shza likes this.
  11. shza

shza Active Member Full Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Fiction, because Haney and Garcia haven't beaten anybody much better. Due to the recent cherry picks, we (and Floyd) tend to forget that Tank won his belt off an excellent boxer in Pedraza then went to the UK to beat the **** out of a then-undefeated Liam Walsh. While the level of his competition has since fallen off big time since, that's some champion ****.

I actually just calculated the winning percentage and average BoxRec rating of the four lightweight "kings'" last 8 opponents (I would've liked to have used the opponents' world rankings at the time of the fight, but I don't know how to find them):
    1. Tank: 217-11-2 (94.78%) (Avg. Opponent Rating: 37.3)
    2. Lopez: 196-12 (94.23%) (Avg. Opponent Rating: 47.9)
    3. Haney 182-18-2 (90.59%) (Avg. Opponent Rating: 14.4)
    4. Garcia: 180-31-10 (83.71%) (Avg. Opponent Rating: 13)
    (Loma's is 200-15-7 [91.67%] and 107.3)

While it's not the best measure in the world given how all of these guys have fought trumped up club fighters like Menard or, in the case of Tank, blown up 122 and 126-pounders, it does shows that Tank and Lopez have been fighting decent comp for longer than Haney and Garcia have. That experience will be vital should they meet h2h, which is why I'd give Tank the nod over Devin & Ryan at this point in time.

12. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ill take haney of the 3

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  13. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I think we find out this year.

14. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I dont know
    I dont think any of those guys fight haney. Highest risk, lowest reward. I hope, i dont know though.
    Maybe haney gonna have to fight that other mexican cat that steamrolled somebody recent or fortuna or kambosis

15. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    fortuna is not a bad fight for Haney.
    I like the Linares fight for him better that would be a good litmus test & step up fight. But he wants Teofimo!