False advertisements from Matchroom & Sky Sports

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Skelly, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Skelly

Skelly New Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2018
    First Eubank on the Whyte v Parker TV adverts... Now it's Spike O'Sullivan on the Brook v Zefara card.

Not sure how commercially legal this is without contracts signed (both fighters have come out and confirmed they were/are not going on the shows, and never were going to be)
    Surely this is just to drive PPV/ticket buys in the short term before pulling them off?

Very poor work on these occasions.

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    It’s poor from whoever’s responsible but come on it’s a Saturday fight night. I don’t think people had pressed record on their sky planner because they seen Spike on the card.

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    They did this previously with Eubank Jr advertised on the Whyte Parker card. I think it’s just a case of someone jumping the gun.

4. Skelly

Skelly New Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2018
    True - but tickets went onsale today, and I'm sure there could've been quite a few pissed off Spike fans who've now got tickets to a sh1t fest in Sheffield that they won't be able to shift on

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    They would have all been picking him to beat Lemieux and to give GGG a run for his money, so I hope that is absolutely the case.

Robney likes this.
  6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’d say a handful at most.

pow and moog like this.
  7. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I'd say none as real fans saw he had another fight announced for the day before in ireland -- so not an issue.

8. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Doubt he would have shifted many after his last performance. All that gobbing off and he got flattened in the first round.

9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Why would you claim Gary L O'Sullivan is on your card? Can't see how he would boost ticketsells.