Fanlong Mèng vs. Jean-Thenistor Pascal & Kendo Castaneda & Sonny Fredrickson RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, May 20, 2022.

1. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    It depends on how much Richards can turn this into a boxing fight. I think everyone agrees that Buatsi is the better athlete, he's more powerful and explosive with his punches. But i think Richards can counter & move, counter & move. He looked good against Bivol in a low paced boxing fight with low volume on both sides. If he looks good against a guy like Bivol in such a type of fight, he'll look good against a limited boxer like Buatsi. The odds are way off on this one. Richards shouldn't be a +500 underdog albeit i'm picking Buatsi to win. But i can see a close one here. Richards definitely has a better chance than 15% to win the fight.

roughdiamond and snafu like this.
  2. snafu

snafu Member Full Member

May 19, 2022
    Brilliant thanks for your insight; I see buatsi taking it as well but not putting anything down on it ( too competitive)

f1ght3rz likes this.
  3. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    Ya its a dog or pass situation. I lean towards pass betting-wise. Richards is that kind of guy who is doing everything well but nothing spectacular. He probably has to fight the perfect fight to win 7 or more rounds. I still expect a closer fight than the odds suggest. 8-4/7-5 type of fight.

snafu likes this.
  4. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Won 2k by backing Pascal last night! Sweet

Ducklerr and snafu like this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Agree on Fierro vs. Nunez, Nunez has yet to impress me, and Fierro looks like a machine from the little I've seen of him. Nunez is probably too experienced for him, and will win by wide UD, but any result wouldn't shock me.

Herring might be too experienced for Ortiz, but he's a switch hitter, and I was impressed with how easily he dealt with Segawa. I think Balski is absolute dog****, a non partisan ref would've stopped the Radchenko match. So I think he'll put up a fight for a round or two, then get planked.

Sotney vs. Roman, I think will be a repeat of the Bridges match, including the corrupt scorecards, Guanini clearly beat Scotney, so she struggles with pressure. But she is a division bigger than Roman, so that might come into play.

Agree completely on Buatsi-Richards, it won't shock me in the least if Spider KO's him, i fact I'm leaning in that direction.

The other match I think that could end in an upset is Asanau vs. Villasana. Villasana has been on a rampage for years, and is undefeated in 7 years and Asanau has yet to impress me.

f1ght3rz likes this.
  6. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Bro just commit to a pick :duh

7. snafu

snafu Member Full Member

May 19, 2022
    Might throw 500 on Richards

8. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    You're chasing it. Don't turn that £2,000 loss into £2,500. Spider isn't coming away with a W here.

snafu likes this.
  9. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    I know you're trolling but even a dumb weirdo from a NJ trailer park like you should know that breaking down fights isn't a "Black or white" thing....so keep ya mouth shut kid and let the big boys talk boxing.

snafu likes this.
  10. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    I agree pretty much with everything.

The only real concern with Fierro is indeed the lack of experience at 18. Barely saw a Round 4 or 5 in his career. Nunez might play it safe early and take over after 3-4 rounds.

Asanau vs. Villasana is a really tricky matchup. I need to dig a bit deeper into Villasana. But my concern is that German judges will probably rob him. I know the promoters are heavily invested in Asanau.