Fantasy boxing Hughie Fury Vs David Price 12rd fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by MrZazs, Feb 20, 2020.

Hughie Fury Vs David Price

Poll closed Feb 21, 2020.
  1. Hughie Fury by KO

31.8%
  2. Hughie Fury PTS

45.5%
  3. David Price by KO

22.7%
  4. David Price PTS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I remember when big Price was knocking people out left and right before the Thompson fight. He had the eye of the tiger when the drumming band and Lewis was in his corner! Then the real Tony the Tiger came along and beat the literal heart out of him. His poor manager...

MrZazs likes this.
  2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Was just watching the last Price KO Show, 19.20, looks like the round ended early and stopped Chisora from doing the inevitable a little earlier.

This content is protected

In terms of the two in question, I really don't know what they should do now, Price is done but sells tickets and draws interest mainly because of the freakshow element that he brings. Hughie looks lost when he's in with contenders, I think he's another defeat away from becoming irrelevant given the level of opposition he appears comfortable with.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  3. boglemcneep

boglemcneep Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    A fight like this would get boxing stopped. Can't fight vs Won't fight. A brown shorted extravaganza of non-action. Marvel at a spotty herbert running away from an asthmatic giant for a few rounds before watching a massive brawl in the audience.

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    This will end up on an under card this year i swear
    Awful fight

5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think that was his point

6. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Oh come on fury may not be the greatest ever but he's been 12 rounds with povetkin, parker and pulev.

Price can't hang at that level as we've seen.

7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Hughie ran at those levels. He did well enough against Parker and against Pulev he was a little unfortunate with the cut, he was terrible against Povetkin though, he just doesn't do enough to win at those levels.

MrZazs likes this.
  8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The only reason Hughie can "hang" at that level is because 100% of his focus is on survival and defence. He didnt show any willing at all to win the fight against Parker or the fight against Povetkin. Against Pulev he showed a little willing to win the fight, but was simply outclassed by Pulev.

If you run like a complete ***** and refuse to stand and land your own work. Then dont be surprised when you lose a decision wide. You dont win a fight if you throw nothing at all at your opponent, but the weak slapping jabs which are thrown on the back foot with zero power.

It doesnt even look like Hughie enjoys boxing to me. His heart isnt in it for me. He resembles someone who is fighting because it earns him money and his family pressured him into it. Hughie should hang them up.

Atleast with Price you can see he enjoys boxing and tries to win the fights he loses. Hughie goes down without a fight when he loses.

Hughie's defence and stamina over 12 will be enough for him to beat Price having said all that.

9. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    This is a physics test: the resistible force vs. the moveable object.

Can the man who can’t bust a grape flatten the man who goes splat if you look at him hard?

10. MrZazs

MrZazs New Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2020

3 round the are saving Price with the bell it's going off 12 sec before he time.
    But Price did well in the fight with Chisora he is much better now then when he was fighting Tony.
    I know he is done, but not everyone can be World Champions and of the day if you get paid for it.
    Hughie has pulled out of so many fights it is like he doesn't want to be a boxer.